Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Default peq eqlaunch corrupt (could be just me)

I used the peq installer to set up a server then I spent the last two hours trying to figure out why I could run zone.exe manually and be able to log in but start.bat never ran zone.exe.

I eventually kicked in a couple brain cells and put another sleep after start eqlaunch.exe zone.exe and saw the message that the system could not run the file. I downloaded the 1110 eqemu build and took a look at the file size and it was nearly double the size.

Of course, this could have been an error in transmission or something but the installer never complained about corrupt files.

So if you get world.exe up and then nothing happens, try checking the eqlaunch.exe binary.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:38 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

eqlaunch works fine in that build. Though, it's quite the bit outdated, but sure to get the upgrade pack to get you a bit more current Also, for PEQ specific stuff, please use our forum: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2
Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Default eqlaunch.exe

I just upgraded my private server from build 1129 to Revision 233 and I get the same exact error as Rhodan mentioned. When my batch file calls eqlaunch.exe, it says the system can't run the program. I copied eqlaunch.exe out of the zip for build 1129 and everything seems to work fine.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:16 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6122
Old 11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

I read that earlier when I was looking for a fix but it didn't help. I am running under Windows XP and my OS is all up to date. Everything ran perfect with 1129 but when I upgraded to Revision 233 the eqlaunch executable didn't run. Copying the one from Build 1129 seems to work fine since you said it was outdated I figured it was the same exe.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:15 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The eqlaunch in 233 is the same one that's in the auto build. If one works, the other will. Anyway, in the link the fix is there. You have to install the C runtime library.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

I already have MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 installed that is dated August 2007. Is there a more recent version that I am overlooking that I need? Should I just roll back to the previous version of Perl and just use the autobuilds when they come out or will all the newer builds use the updated libraries? If so I guess I'll just do a reload and see if there is something wrong with my installs but I'm not having any other issues.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

My bad. In editing I did a boo boo. I referred to Revision 233 which is the database but the eqlaunch.exe was from Revision222 from the svn build. The code for eqlaunch may be the same but the exe files are different as mentioned in previous posts from the link on projecteq.net forum. The build 1129 eqlaunch.exe is 220k and the Revision222 one is 148k.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

I reloaded MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 and its working now. There must have been something in Windows XP SP3 update that rolled back a DLL or changed something. Sorry for being a bother.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:58 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator View Post
My bad. In editing I did a boo boo. I referred to Revision 233 which is the database but the eqlaunch.exe was from Revision222 from the svn build. The code for eqlaunch may be the same but the exe files are different as mentioned in previous posts from the link on projecteq.net forum. The build 1129 eqlaunch.exe is 220k and the Revision222 one is 148k.
Revision 222 was pulled due to eqlaunch and another error. Rev 233 is a valid installer build and I recommend you upgrade to that.