Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:57 AM
LumieX
Fire Beetle

ive got a cool idea possibly...if max level will be 60 then how about you can't level beyond level 50 with pve exp, only pvp but it will of course give more exp then normal or maybe make pve exp terribly slow atleast

this way if you see a level 60 around you know he's gotta be uber~ and as such will be rewarded with his epic/disc's and so on and will become that much harder to kill
Old 11-21-2008, 03:18 PM
brumven
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumieX View Post
ive got a cool idea possibly...if max level will be 60 then how about you can't level beyond level 50 with pve exp, only pvp but it will of course give more exp then normal or maybe make pve exp terribly slow atleast

this way if you see a level 60 around you know he's gotta be uber~ and as such will be rewarded with his epic/disc's and so on and will become that much harder to kill
That really wouldnt work if there is low population, all you could do is wait for someone else to log in....kinda boring I would think.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:38 PM
LumieX
Fire Beetle

well if it's going to be dead then why bother in the first place /shrug
Old 11-22-2008, 12:11 AM
brumven
Fire Beetle

Ok maybe I wasnt very clear, I was running on fumes when I said that. I dont think the server will be dead, but, if you do get on at a low population time, it will be kinda hard to progress, especially if they are 25 lvls higher than you, thats all I meant.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

Its a cool idea but the hard part would be enforcing people not farming their alts. On the other hand I guess if the alt goes back to level one then its enforced on its own.

Also, I would say it needs to be a much smaller range and hard to obtain. Maybe max of level 55. It also shouldn't be the main focus of the player, just something that if it happens, it happens. It would be cool however, to have something to keep working for.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
kedra
Sarnak

(Shameless bump and update)

We've been making a lot of progress lately towards getting the server ready. Since my last update here, PvP rules have undergone significant changes. For anyone interested in keeping abreast of updates or helping toss ideas around, please feel free to stop by the website and forums.

I appreciate all of the suggestions and idea feedback that the community has provided so far, please keep it up

Thanks,
Kedra

http://www.cohpvp.net
Old 12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

Extremely hyped about this server, everyone check it out when it opens