Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Default char models and the _chr.txt file

I'd just like to get this problem nailed down because it seems so inconsistent. Some of the entries in a zone's _chr.txt file just will not spawn in the zone. I have never been able to get the Plane of Justice Tribunal (for instance) to work in any zone other than POJ (in fact, it crashes every other zone), even though the status given to it in the documentation indicates it works. Even something as simple as an elephant in South Karana does not work for me. In southkarana_chr.txt I have placed mam,southkarana_chr and adjusted the total at the top, yet I cannot dbspawn an elephant. Is this a problem in my environment, or does this impact everyone?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I believe it should be

Code:
mam,mam_chr

and then saved as southkarana_chr

Although Elephants are native to southkarana and should not need a chr file to spawn them.

Have you tried,

#spawn Elephant 107 15 1 150 3 1 0 0 0
Name,Race, Level, Material, HP, Gender, Class, Priweapon, Secweapon, Merchant id

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 01-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Sorry gender should be 2 on that for neutral not 3.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

According to at least one source, the correct entry is mam,southkarana_chr . I tried your entry and it made no difference. I agree; I thought elephants were indigenous to South Karana, but nothing I try makes them spawn (your #spawn line included). Am I the only one having problems with this?
Old 01-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I assume your account is set to 250? there should be no prob at all spawning elephants in SK , works for me....

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Yep, 250. And no elephants in southkarana. Anyone else know what might be happening here?
Old 01-11-2009, 06:07 AM
trevius
Developer

One good way to test races for each zone is the #fixmob command. If you type #fixmob, it will give you a brief explanation of the command and options to use with it. Basically, it is a way to enter 1 command to switch between possible race/gender/texture combinations. I have hotkeys setup for each version of the command. Basically what I do is spawn an NPC with race 1 (human) and then use "#fixmob nextrace" as a hotkey and keep hitting that hotkey to find each possible race in the zone up to 473. All of the models that don't work in the zone will show up as humans. Also, to ensure 100% that you found all possible races, you will need to use the above command and between each time you hit that hotkey, you need to have another hotkey set to "#fixmob gender", and hit it 2 times between each race to ensure you see every possible race/gender combination. There are a few races that only spawn as males, but most are monsters, and some have male and female versions.

It isn't exactly what you were looking for, but it can definitely be useful when looking for available races in a zone.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Do you happen to have the southkarana_chr.s3d in your Everquest folder? Only other thing I can think of....Thats not a text file but an actual .s3d file..

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 01-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Bingo! The file was in the folder, but I thought it strange that it was modified on 9/30/08 and only 1kb in size. So I looked at the original and found it much larger. I overwrote that file and now have elephants stampeding across South Karana. : )

Thanks for the help, Sak. My remaining question is whether anyone can get an elephant to spawn in a different zone, such as East Karana. I have been unable to do that, even though there is an entry for mam,southkarana_chr in the _chr.txt file (and yes, Eastkarana has the original .s3d file intact).
Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Have you tried since fixing that file? with that file fubared you wouldn't be able to get them anywhere.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Neiv
Hill Giant

I did try it since fixing the file, and it did not work. But then I tried switching out the mam,southkarana_chr entry for your proposed entry (mam,mam_chr), and it still did not work. Then I tried including both, and that did the trick.

Someone should probably update that entry here and here to ensure both entries are included.

Thanks for your tip on the #fix cmd, Trev.