Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

Default Really odd issue with eqtheme.mp3

x = EQ Theme
y = New Theme
z = Old EQ Theme

I have changed out my eqtheme.mp3 (x) (in the Everquest folder) to a different intro music clip (y) (named the same as the old). Hence, when I start up EQ, it now plays the new theme music (y). I'm using an xp machine.

However, when I load this same clip onto my Vista machine, it continues to play the EQ theme (x) rather than the new music (y).

That's not the oddest part. When I simply double click the new eqtheme.mp3 file, it opens Windows Media Player and plays the EQ theme (x). But when I rename the file (to, say, eqtheme1.mp3) and doubleclick it, it opens Windows Media Player and plays the new music (y). When I rename it back to eqtheme.mp3, it again defaults to the EQ theme music (x).

When I delete the file altogether and open EQ, it still plays the EQ theme music (x) on the Vista machine, but plays the old original EQ music (z) on the xp machine.

Anyone know what the heck is going on?
Old 01-25-2009, 07:08 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

i have a related issue.
i have replaced eq theme music mp3 with eq2 theme music mp3 - all works fine

BUT i have tried to replace combat music with soem other mp3 files- they work. so do any other mp3 files BUT after that all the old XMI music breaks and only produces SHHHHHHHHHHH - noise from the speakers

i can't figure out why repalcing an mp3 with mp3 would have any affect on xmi files I am not even touching
Old 02-13-2009, 01:24 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ok apparently replacing mp3 is not the cause of xmi music screw up.
my xmis just not playing or something.
I can ALMOST hear in the speakers the static noise which sounds like approapriate xmi is playing but sound is garbled into static.

I bet this is some sort of sound driver related screw up. But its been working for a long time and all other sound file types play just fine, any ideas on a quick fix without having to go into al the troubles like blindly reinstalling EQ/drivers? Anyone knows for sure how to fix this?