Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:44 AM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Default Random Server w/ Fabled Raid Bosses

Where did this server go? Bout had everything I loved in an Emu, random drops, TSS/TBS/SoF/SoD gear, and FUN/HARD raid bosses? -pout- Come back!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:02 PM
lilmuff
Sarnak

I was just going to start a thread asking about the 75000+ random item Treasuer Hunter server as it was called.The server disapeared from the server list sometime last week.If the owner see this can you give us some insight if the server is gone or just down.

I enjoy playing on it and would like to see it again
Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Yes where did they go! :P
Old 03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

I'm just posting this here,hoping a admin or gm from this server will see it since they don't have a website/forum.

1. Bots are all screwed up and need to be looked at.I spent about 4 hours today camping green mobs just to get gear for 2 accounts worth of bots.Once again you brought down the server with no warning and locked it,and when it was unlocked again 1/2 the servers bots were gone.Then I got pissed and logged for a few hours and came back and hit my bot spawn hotkey and it spawned bots so I got happy... Both my accounts now have a full set of someone elses naked bots that aren't even the right class that I had,and all my bots are gone.

2. If you are planning on updating like 60 times a day,can't you at least give the players some kind of warning or heads up like every other server does before you just DC and lock everyone out?I had to redo my UI and all my hotbuttons a total of 10 times last night(5 times each on each account) due to you resetting the server a zillion times without any notice.If you had said something I could of camped to save my settings but instead everytime I got the windows set the server would go down and be locked for 5 mins and I'd have to start over again... Not to mention the numerous times fighting for 20 mins only to have you lock the server in the middle of the fight and the fabled mob I was fighting is not there when I get back in and I wasted 20 mins fighting.

3. Why do I get like 370ms on this server and only this server? I get like 100ms at the most normally on any other server but always 350+ on this one.I even tried it from a friends house and it was averaging 340ms.Is that because you're working on the server?

Other than those problems I really like the server a lot-it is very fun.
I hope someone from that server sees this since it's virtually impossible to get any help with any problems when there is no site,and no GM's anywhere ever.I don't know if I should delete the bots even though they are someone elses,and if I do delete them and make new ones are they going to dissappear a day later again after I gear them up?It would be nice to have some answers before I waste more of my time on making new ones and getting gear for all of them.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Not sure who the GM/Admin is either, but I'd love to shake their hand, this place is a blast.

1) Bots have issues many places and servers. Stock code does NOT have them created properly. In addition, deletion of a bot or creating more than 7 on an account by someone else can mess YOUR bots up w/ no fault to the owner.

2) It happens. Maybe the owner isn't even online? Don't have to be in the game to do DB work. Perhaps this server isn't meant for players yet and we are on it? Main point is, its the Owner's server, not ours. We aren't entitled anything. Also, if you want your UI saved... log out. Third point, Fableds will be back, its a game, its meant to be fun, not a waste. If you view it as a waste, see elsewhere as a play area.

3) Perhaps they have a slower internet connection? Or perhaps his bandwithe isn't enough to handle 20+ as it was last night at peak. Again goes back, maybe its not intended for players yet? That or the load is too high.

All in all, this server is a BLAST, love it so VERY much. Best bet, make boxes not bots, then your gear will always be there! Plus its fun just going out and hunting for gear, don't view it as a chore or work. Its a game, have fun.

Keep up your good work, mystery GM!

--Walker from -=Random=- Treasure Hunters 75k+