Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Tabidzukare
Sarnak

Default Not sure how to submit changes.

Hi Guys,

A link to how I should do this was on the top-most sticky of the forum. However both it and the 'updated' link by Cavedude were broken.

I've been fixing quests in the PEQ release, however, the particular block I'm on involves also fixing faulty spawns and pathing (In South Karana). I've kept a log of the NPCID's I've removed from the database, updates to certain NPC's locations etc etc. I wasn't sure what the easiest way to update these things was since the quest end of things is standardised in that forum, however, changing the quest involves world-building related materials.

Should I divide my posts up between the two forums or create one large post encompassing the complete changes to the Database and Quest files?

I apologize for being ignorant on this subject, I have indeed tried looking for ways to do it, and have tried to stick just to EQEmu's forums because I can't really spread myself out over several projects forums and I saw many PEQ related changes being posted here. If this data is on the PEQ site then again I apologize, I just want to be sure of the method for posting updates on the EQEmu site.

Kindest Regards~~
Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

PEQ is down atm, that's why you can't reach it.

As far as your work, if it's all semi-related than its usually easier to make one huge post. Making several smaller ones increases the risk that they might get lost/ignored. Thank you for contributing!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Tabidzukare
Sarnak

Default Hi CaveDude

Hi and thanks for the quick response,

I am tweaking a number of NPC's in and around South Karana now, and hopefully within the next few days or so I'll be posting the changes up. Would you prefer them here in this section or in the Quest section? Sorry to ask such a simplistic question yet again, I just want to make things the most convenient for you, I know you're extremely busy.

Kindest Regards~~
Old 04-28-2009, 12:43 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

If you're doing general database and quest work, then here would be best. Both qualify as world building.

If you're just writing quests and the immediate db changes required to get them to work, then the quest section is better.