Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Tanadien
Fire Beetle

Default Quick question

Hey guys,

I'm an old school EQ'r, and was just wondering if there are EQEmu servers out there that still raid and stuff.

My other question is, is there people available to level with or is it better to duel box?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:54 PM
trevius
Developer

Most of the popular servers on the server list have raids constantly going on. They aren't the huge raids you might see on Live, but some of them get up to 20-30 characters in them or so. They are still quite a bit of fun and a nice challenge in most cases.

There are people to level with on most servers if you can find a group, but most are also fairly easy to solo level. But, if your PC can handle 2 or 3 boxing, and you enjoy boxing, then I would recommend it. It is free to have as many accounts as you like, so why not?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Servers, content, and population varies heavily by season. About 25% of the servers you see now won't be here in a month unfortunately. The servers with larger populations are typically not in this 25% obviously but this revolving number means new servers, mostly custom, appear on the scene daily.

From what it sounds, the only server that will fit your needs is the PEQ server. You may be required to dual box just to catch up with everyone else.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tanadien
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the heads up, ya PEQ is catching my eye. Think I'll go with thato ne
Old 07-10-2009, 07:17 AM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Most of the popular servers on the server list have raids constantly going on. They aren't the huge raids you might see on Live, but some of them get up to 20-30 characters in them or so. They are still quite a bit of fun and a nice challenge in most cases.
ya for an example on peq, Norathians guild consistantly sees over 50 toons on raids, obviously these aren't 50 RL people but its just an example