Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM
wwazman
Sarnak

Default Zone to somewhere, end up in Arena??

Hello

I have a person or persons trying to zone to some of the newer zones to look around on WWAZmania, but whenever I try to pull them into the zone with #summon it either crashes their SoF client or they zone to the Arena instead..I should say that on my end they pop in the zone for a second then pop out and zone to the Arena.

Thoughts on what is going on, and how to fix it? Is it my end or theirs? AFAIK everything is set up perfectly, I can connect just fine from home, etc etc.

oh specifically some of the zones they're trying to get to are valdeholm, crescent reach, moors, etc
Old 07-30-2009, 09:02 PM
trevius
Developer

Check the zones table and make sure that the status setting for the zone is low enough for them to enter it. Also, make sure there isn't a min level or other restrictive settings on the zones.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 PM
wwazman
Sarnak

I'm not seeing anything in heidisql that shows a level barrier, or really a status barrier (I see status and it's set to 0)... could ztype be interfering? I notice for those newer zones it's set to 0 as well, while others are set to 1 and 255.. I don't know what the difference in ztype is though?
Old 07-31-2009, 02:31 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Check the zones table and make sure that the status setting for the zone is low enough for them to enter it. Also, make sure there isn't a min level or other restrictive settings on the zones.
If they're summoned there, shouldn't it bypass any zoning restrictions, except perhaps for instances?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

no I don't think it bypasses restrictions when you summon someone.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:20 PM
wwazman
Sarnak

the only time I can think of that I had a problem like that was when I summoned a character under 46 to plane of Fear to powerlevel.. and it bumped him to the Arena, just like now.. but again, I checked the level and status requirements, they're ok.