Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
serivoth1234
Sarnak

Default New Server: Endless Saga (Work in Progress)

Hi all, I am working on a new server. Yes I know there are plenty already and some are really nice.

My goal is to create a fun and enjoyable server offering live like content as well as custom.

The sever will be Custom - Legit - Semi-Legit.
I say semi-legit cause I believe the use of some features are required to combat low server populations.

Translocators will be used to offer quick means to travel to and from places.
We will not be using any form of #zone command. I feel a little work on the players part is needed.

HotZones will be used offering 2x, 3x, 4x exp. The hotzone npc will have a list of available hotzones and level ranges. (Check often as they will change)As well as offer to teleport you to those locations. Some Zones may require you to run there, difficulty vs reward.

BoTs will be allowed with 1 spawnable at a time. To offer players a chance to still play when population is low without being forced to solo or if a melee class forced to kill low cons.

Spell scriber will not be used, rather spell merchants offering all spells for a price except for quest only and ancient spells. Going to have to work for those.

Disc. trainer will be used. They will offer all disc. for purchase. Same rule applies for quest and ancient skills.

PvE and PvP will both be supported. The main server focus will be PvE however I always loved the best of the best tournaments and plan to add those. PvP will be optional with special PvP zones as well as PvP/PvE raid zones offering greater rewards. Not only do you need to worry about the mobs but other guilds as well. You will be notified when entering such a zone and zoning into the area will require you to speak a phrase, so no accidentally zoning into a PvP zone and getting killed.
In short it will be PvE with optional PvP.

This is just the start of what will be added, this will not happen over night (I wish lol) Naturally, extensive testing will be required.
If anyone would be interested in joining the Endless Saga team please feel free to PM me.

We do not have a website as of yet. I'm no web designer but I'll be looking into getting some form of forums up and running in the very near future.
As always, the server is only as good as its player base. Take care all and any feedback/crits/comments are always welcome and always needed to improve and move forward. Thanks again for your time.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:37 AM
serivoth1234
Sarnak

Forums are up and running now. A huge thanks to leslamarch! very much appreciated. Thank you.

www.endlesssaga.net
Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Katinka
Fire Beetle

Sounds great!

However, i was just on the server and its not allowing me to talk in OOC, or send tells at all.

Just passing it along.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Katinka
Fire Beetle

Just tried to register on your boards, and its asking for an avatar to register. You cant upload one, link to or even choose one.

Minor fix and will join when its fixed keep up the work!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
serivoth1234
Sarnak

Forums should be fixed now. As for the OOC/Tells issues thats just set by default for spammers once ya hit level 5 it allows ya too. I was thinking of removing it. No real need for it at this time.