Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Ghamli
Fire Beetle

Default Screen Resolution

Hello,

Everytime I run the eqgame.exe on my dell inspiron 1545 laptop it flickers black and then nothing happens. I have tried changing my screen resolution as suggested in the wiki faq. I have run all the dual core fixes (i have dual core pentium t4400 2.2 ghz processor and the mobile intel 4 express family chipset display adapter). I have messed with the compatibility of the shortcut. I have gotten it to run on my desktop(after adjusting screen resolution.) Is there something I am missing. Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:29 PM
ryder911
Hill Giant

video drivers possibly? Try turning all the settings to low?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Ghamli
Fire Beetle

Computer is only a week old so the drivers are up to date. What do you mean by turn the settings to low?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:49 PM
trevius
Developer

Some multi-core laptop CPUs require a specific driver or fix to get them working properly for EQEmu. Also, it may just be that EQ is trying to start in a resolution that it does not support. If setting your desktop to 1024X768 does not work, then you may need to set it in your eqclient.ini. There should be a file named OptionsEditor.exe in your Everquest folder. Open that program and set your resolution to 1024X768 and see if that helps. If not, run it again and try other resolutions. Once you have it working, you should be able to adjust your resolution from in game and then /camp out to save the new settings.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 PM
Ghamli
Fire Beetle

Trevius,

Thanks for all the posting you do on fixes and how to get it to work. They're all clear and concise and let people that aren't super computer savvy figure them out. Very much appreciated.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Ghamli
Fire Beetle

Screen Resolution stuff didn't work so it must be a specific driver that's needed. Oh well. It works on my desktop. I'll just have to deal with it.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:36 PM
kc7wzl
Fire Beetle

That would be why I will not buy a dell for any reason.. I have nothing but problems with there JUNK... I have store room at work full of dells, compaqs, and HP's... not one of those 3 brands are worth a penny even if it was given to me.... sorry you got burned.....

I picked up a cheap acer laptop at best buy for $350 and works great playing EQemu.... ( but with windows 7 best thing I found to get rid of problems is turn off the stupid protect me from my self crud ) Thats what they made restore disc's for and a little thing called thinking befor you do... ok /rant off but yes I hate Dell, hp, and compaq computers!!