Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

Default SoD client getting slow downs

Hi,I have a problem. I am trying to run SoD client on my pc but my chars are moving slow as hell and then once in a while they will go a bit faster for like 5 secs(but not as fast as they run on other clients) and then back to slow again.My computer is a dual core,with a very fast processor(can't remember speed,but really fast),I have 3 gigs of ram,and an Nvidia 9800GT w/1 gig.ALL my drivers are up to date.I also tried the dual core fixes from this forum, plus installed the AMD dual core optimizer.I tried the search function but didn't find anything.It is a fresh and clean download of the Steam SoD and unaltered besides the eqhost.Originally I was running it off an external hard drive but then I moved it over to my main drive on my PC and NOTHING FIXES IT.Titanium and SoF work fine, and my pc is more than adequate to easily run SoD without problems.

Hopefully someone can help me get this fixed since I took Titanium and SoF off my PC to put SoD on. Its very frusturating. I played for like 2 hours earlier today with my son, and my chars had sow and his didn't, yet they were running by me like I was standing still. Any help is greatly appreciated as I have tried every single thing I can think of and solved nothing... plus I have never heard anyone having this problem before...
Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 AM
trevius
Developer

It sounds a little like a multi-core issue, but SoD doesn't really have those as it forces the client to only use 1 core per session. My best guess is you are playing on a custom server and/or have buffs that don't match your spell file and they are causing negative effects on your client. If you play on a server that has a custom spell file, I would recommend downloading it and trying again.

Also, just for the heck of it, have you checked to make sure your agility isn't debuffed and/or that you aren't encumbered? If your spell file is not matching the server, it will often give debuffs that can reduce stats and if agi/str get reduced enough, you will move slow.

Here are a few settings from eqclient.ini that you might want to check if the above notes don't help:

DisableWestBugFix=0
CPUAffinity0=0
CPUAffinity1=1
CPUAffinity2=0
CPUAffinity3=1
CPUAffinity4=0
CPUAffinity5=1
CPUAffinity6=0
CPUAffinity7=1
CPUAffinity8=0
CPUAffinity10=0
CPUAffinity12=0

I would try setting DisableWestBugFix to 1 and see if that makes any difference on your system. Not sure that the affinity settings there would make any difference, but posted them just in case.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the response Trevius. I'll try your solution out in a couple hours when I get home and let ya know if it worked. =)
Old 06-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

Lightbulb

Ok my eqclient.ini didnt even have
CPUAffinity1=1
CPUAffinity2=0
CPUAffinity3=1
CPUAffinity4=0
CPUAffinity5=1
CPUAffinity6=0
CPUAffinity7=1
CPUAffinity8=0
CPUAffinity10=0
CPUAffinity12=0
at all,so I copy/pasted them into it,and also set DisableWestBug to 1 and everything seems to work good now.I'm not sure exactly what the solution was,but between adding all these lines and setting westbug to 1 it got fixed so thank you very much Trevius!