Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

Default Zone.exe crash

Been having a problem with a few builds now where my zone.exe would crash when I created a new character and first entered the game. When this would happen, I would just change their location to PoK w/locs and I could login fine after that. I never really bothered to figure out why it was happening.

Today I had some free time and dug into it a bit more. There was nothing in the logs that stood out as a problem to me. One of the last entries was the loading of tutorialb.path. When I renamed the file to tutorialbBAK.path I was able to zone in without any problems. It makes sense now after the fact.

I've read here and there where people first starting up servers were having unexplained crashes. Those who might have a problem like this, might want to raname the above file so it doesn't load or change your World:TutorialZoneID value in the rules_values table to something other than 189. 189 is the zone number for tutorialb aka The Mines of Gloomingdeep, for those who don't know.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:13 AM
DrWIggly
Fire Beetle

I downloaded/compiled everything last weekend. Zone.exe was repeatedly crashing while trying to load. It turned out there were some columns missing from tables. I had to debug zone.exe to find them, then kinda guess what type they were. I know this would be immensely more useful if I could tell you the changes i made. I can tell you I added a column to the spawn table, and I think one to accounts. Also my release binary compiled in some very strange way having to do with player rule startup. I recompiled/ran the debug version and things are going ok. If someone really needs to know the columns I could probably track them down.