Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

Default Server Guides

So Ive looked at about 4 different server creation guides and am unable to get my server running. No Matter which guide i use something is different for me then the guide says. Vales guide keeps talking bout putting it in the mysql folder under bin but after doing that no matter what i do i cant get anything to source. other guides ive seen just seem out of date,or has 30 things you have to do and not all of them work. Basically im hoping someone can help me with creating a basic EQEmu server. And hopefully can guide me thruough my problems. Anyone able to help me out here please?
Old 11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Cottus
Fire Beetle

Are you looking to compile your own server, or are you just planning on running the stock server?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

Not sure lol. Really Stock would be fine aslong as i can edit stuff and add custom stuff to it.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:38 PM
HeavyHand
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaric View Post
Not sure lol. Really Stock would be fine aslong as i can edit stuff and add custom stuff to it.
That wouldn't be a stock server, alluded to in the first question then. That way involves just using stuff other people have compiled. You want a custom server however which you would need to compile on your own in order to change anything.

I don't have the answers yet. Maybe one day I will. I tried the linux route, which is even harder as a Windows Sys Admin. I got close, and may even pick it back up, but I just want a working server first. Good luck.