Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 AM
bad_captain
Developer

Default Bot Changes 12/6/11

I wanted to post the full list of changes here so I didn't clutter up the changelog, and most people interested in Bots would look around here anyway. Here are the changes going live with rev 2087:
  • Bots can now maintain aggro over clients
  • Fixed a lot of bot hate/aggro issues (spell hate was 1/10 of what it should have been as bots were using pet spell aggro rule)- bot casters will now be summoned.
  • Bots will try not to nuke when they are at the top of their target's hate list
  • Bots will try to use escape skills when needed (boggle, concussion)
  • Caster/range bots will attempt to get out of melee range after being summoned (if they are no longer tops on their target's hate list)
  • Taunting is now togglable via bot command #bot taunting [on|off] and defaults to on for Warriors only - this will change when I finish work on GroupRoles
  • Bots will only taunt if they are not top on their target's hate list (to keep taunt available to pull aggro if needed)
  • Bots now have endurance - will allow skills/ discs / combat aas to be added for bots
  • Added more AAs that were client only previously
  • Implemented Delay Death AA
  • Complete heal cast time no longer affected by Quick Buff AAs
  • Spell range now uses focused range when determining if spell can be cast or land
  • Primary Healer/Slower role determined by class now affects spell casting choices (primary healer nukes less than backup healer etc.)
  • Bots will automatically try to cure their group when out of combat (bots in groups outside your own benefit the most - no unnecessary deaths due to long lasting DoT)
  • Death now has consequences- When respawning a bot who had died, it will now be resurrected with resurrection effects
  • Bot HP / Mana is retained after camping / death / zoning
    This addresses two issues- continuous respawning of bots to refresh HP/Mana and bots spawned for the first time will be affected as well so creating/spawning/deleting bots for buffs should no longer work nearly as well
  • Added additional resist debuff AI - will no longer try to debuff resists on every mob
  • Shaman/Beastlords will choose slow spell based on mob's resists - they were previously trying to only use disease slows, which are not their best slows percentage-wise (and may not have even been in their spell lineups)
  • Bot interrupts should match clients- was prevously using NPC interrupts, which made it more difficult than it should have been

Be sure to source 2087_required_bots_hp_and_mana_and_spell_updates.s ql. The bot table additions are required. The spell table changes are recommended. I commented out level 70+ spells, as there seems to be an issue of missing or incorrectly set up spells for post level 70. I have been working to update all spell lists to 85, but still need to take care of some of those issues. I included the post 70 spells in case anyone needed them. Use the command line to source it, as it takes a while with all of the selects in the script.

Let me know if you have any issues or questions!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:11 AM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Hey bad_captian, just wanted to say great work and thanks! Will do my server update this weekend.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:33 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

I do not use bots on my test server but I appreciate all the work you have done on bots.
This is the type of stuff I love to read and I think I'm going to recompile with bots just to test with.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 AM
kalua
Fire Beetle

Right on! Nice work, thanks.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Also, the #bot delete issue should be fixed. Forgot to add that one.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:25 AM
warhawk
Sarnak

Great to see this being worked on. Been looking forward to better behaved bots for ages!..

Thanks and keep going BC!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I'll add my thanks as well. I use Bots on my private test server so this makes a huge difference in my game experience. Appreciate all the hard work to make these things better.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:30 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Bad Captain, I updated my database and core on 12/7/2011 and the bots did seem much improved, but I noticed on the top of this post you mentioned a #bot taunt, I tried it this morning and did not have that command.

Nevermind, I see now that I have r2086