Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default Mobs randomly vanishing

Topic : Some of my quest mobs are randomly vanishing.

Image : No they aren't anywhere in the map or anything did a /goto mobname and nothing. And it only happens once in a while usually to a quest mob right after some one tells it something involving the quest POOF.. It's not in the script or anything. Guess I can try and upgrading binary's.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Mort, you have everything you need to track this down, you just need to do the work. It shouldn't take more than an hour or so if it happens fairly frequently. There's no magic bullet here where someone is going to say "oh yeah, it's this!" It's something specific to your server that only you are going to be able to track down.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:38 AM
KingMort
Banned

Thank you yes I know , will be trying to just update to the latest build soon as I can but working 40 hours a week now so it's hard to find the time.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 AM
trevius
Developer

The problem could be anywhere, but if they are vanishing when being spoken to for quests, it is almost certainly in a script somewhere. It could be a player.pl (since they can use EVENT_SAY now) or something in templates that is causing it. Could even be a plugin somewhere. It would be really hard to say without direct access to all of your scripts.