Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:37 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Default enlightened dark returning?

Seen the server on the list today

is it returning?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

I have been putting some time into it. Updating to current revisions and adding in certain areas that PEQ has been working on. I updated so the source and database read damage numbers past 255 and realtered the damages on the items where they superseded 255. I have been adding new content as well as more custom quests and readjusting some areas I thought needed some work.

This is currently the information I have for the server upon release. I am making final adjustments on Omens of War expansion so that it is a bit more polished and going to be adding in content so people are busy for some time. I honestly don't plan on releasing the server again until sometime during the summer to end of. With D3 out in 26 days I can already admit a lot of my extra play time will be going into that and without a dedicated server to run Enlightened Dark on I know my computer wouldn't handle both the server and D3 running, but until then I am going to be working on the server as much as possible.

With that, when the server is released this is what you can look forward to.

'All HP/Mana/Endur increased by 5x'
'All HP/Mana/Endur regen increased by 5x'
'All AC/Attack was increased by 3x'
'All normal stats and resists increased by +10'
'All secondary stats increased by +3' ie. Avoidance, Combat Effects, Shielding, DoT Shielding, Spellshield
'All haste has been increased by 50%'

'All damage increased by 3x'
'All delay decreased by 15%'
'All bane damage weapons increased by 5x'
'All elemental damage weapons increased by 7x'
'All backstab damage mods increased by 7x'

'All focus effects containing healing and damage increase were increased by 6x'
'All focus effects extending buffs were increased by 25%'
'All pure caster base spell damage was increased 2x
'All pets were scaled and beefed up accordingly'
'All pet power items increased by 2x'
'All HP buffs where increased by 2x'
'All recast/reuse timers were decreased by 50%'

'All veteran AA reuse timers were decreased by 75-90%'

'All NPC HP was decreased by 25%'
'All NPC damage was decreased by 20%'
'All NPC respawn times were decreased'
-'Anything over a 3 day respawn time was reduced to 3 hours'
-'Anything between a 1 hour and 3 day respawn was reduced to 1 hour'
-'Anything under 1 hour was left as it originally spawns'

'Accelerated experience increase as well as AA experience has been accelerated'
'All tradeskill trivial levels were decreased by 25%'

The server went live for a few months, then came down. Then went back up for another few months and has been down due to hardware issues. I decided to just redo most of the website and start from scratch so new people have one thing to look at for information.

This server has undergone a lot of changes and I decided I would list the most beneficial information regarding the server.

Current content available through Omens of War. Planar Progression was completely revamped into a task system. Simplified but still needing all of the normal requirements and flags. Gates of Discord custom content available through the use of 4 zones containing the entire expansion into one. Omens of War expansion is a standalone expansion and requires nothing from Planes of Power or the Gates of Discord. You may enter into Dranik's Scar at level 35 and stay in Omens through the current end game content that is the Citadel of Anguish if you so wish.
-Omens of War Zones Available:
--Dranik's Scar: Level 35-60
--The Bloodfields: Level 55-75
--The Ruined City of Dranik: Level 65-75
--Noble's Causeway: Level 60-75
--Wall of Slaughter: Level 60-75
--Muramite Proving Grounds: Level 65-75
--Riftseekers' Sanctum: Level 70-80
--Citadel of Anguish: Level 70-80

-Gates of Discord Zones Available:
--Qinimi: Level 50+ entry type zone with loots and events from Natimbi, Qinimi and Riwwi
--Ferubi: Level 60+ tier 2 type zone with loots and events from Barindu, Vxed, Tipt and Ferubi
--Yxtta: Level 70+ raid zone with loots and events from Kod'Taz, Ikkinz, Yxtta and Uqua. This zone is also flagged into upon defeating Quarm from Plane of Time.
--Txevu: Level 70+ raid zone with loots and events from Qvic, Inktu'Ta, Txevu and Tacvi. This zone contains the entire Tacvi event started after the defeat of Zun'Muram Tkarish Zyk. This zone is also flagged into upon the defeat of one of the Primals from Yxtta.

-Planes of Power Zones Available:
--Every zone from the planes of power is currently available with working events and progression.

This server features a hub zone where most of your information and quest starters can be found. You will always begin a new character in the Nexus.

-A few custom NPC's you will find in the Nexus involve custom charm quests for both melee proficient classes and caster proficient classes each with a unique set of rewards at the end.
--A lottery NPC where random gear can be obtained and money can be won or lost, as well as an augment master who will accept unneeded equipment and weld its stats into an augment for you, but for a fair price and at reduced quality but none the less worthwhile.
-Epic 1.0's are obtained the original way from live, but are not required to begin your custom Epic 1.5 quest. The epic 1.5 is a custom quest that will take you through a number of zones and collecting various items. Be sure to pay attention to NPC text. There are also safe guards for end fights should you fail or wipe. There are also hidden flags to be sure you can't cheat your way to your epic, or to have someone else ninja loot it.
-Sebilis, Charasis, Vex Thal and Veeshan's Peak(revamped) do not require you to obtain a key to enter.

Every Fabled mob is currently available from classic to Velious.
-Every fabled mob is available for the custom task system quest 'Master of the Hunt'. The Master of the Hunt quest involves a custom point system allowing you to hunt fabled mobs and obtain points based dependently on how hard they are. This system allows for you to buy different sets of weapons, armor, augments and unique items not found anywhere else in the game. The main purpose behind this quest is to obtain certain 'Aspects' which enhance key features to your particular class, shaping you into a Master Hunter.
--Aspects are items equipable in your powersource slot which grant you an illusion and certain abilities of your form. Each form grants you different abilities which can be used in different situations by simply switching your aspect and activating it. All aspects can be switched on the go and require no cast time, or down time to use.

This server was created solely for the purpose of I wished for somewhere to play Everquest based on the original outlook of the live feel. No other GMs will ever be instated as this will remain my server.
-This server is created for people who wish to play solo or group based and will never require you to need a 'raid' force in order to progress.
--For people wishing for 'raid' type content this simply won't be the server for you and in that aspect may feel 'too easy' for you. Every encounter will always be able to be done with 1 group.
-I always accept feedback both good and bad and will use it to better the server not only for myself, but others that do enjoy playing here as well, but just keep in mind, I created this server solely for myself to play on and it is in no way a job or requirement for me to upkeep unless for some reason I begin getting paid to do so.

Current progression on the server includes additions for the Dragons of Norrath expansion along with the continued development of Fabled mobs and additions to the 'Master of the Hunt' quest.
-Dragons of Norrath features include:
--Ebon/Radiant Crystal merchants with gear
--Ebon/Radiant Crystal tasks (Without the monster missions) but still give the same rewards
--New 'raid' type content and zones
--All new weapons/armor/augments
--Addition of new Alternate Advancement Abilities
-New sets of Fabled mobs:
--Luclin Fabled tasks for the 'Master of the Hunt' Quest
--New Aspects and additions to the 'Master of the Hunt' rewards

Any bugs or errors will be noted and fixed according to how severe it affects the gameplay.
Feedback is always welcome to produce a better server for myself and others who so enjoy to play here.

You will soon see Enlightened Dark back on the server list available this summer.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Damn No farr :(

ive been Looking foward for the Server come back with omens for Months :(
when i poped on the server list and saw it , and ready to say goodbye live for a few months haha

if we can find someway of it being hosted? whats the chances of it coming sooner than Summer?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:36 PM
zalemander14
Fire Beetle

I very much enjoyed this server while it was up the last time around and wait in anticipation for the next chance to play it whenever that may be.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Mariooo Mariooo

i cant connect to you , its got the same Isue as if a Server without the Ports fowarded mate
Old 05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Sending you a PM now Wrath , its Pretty Important
Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 PM
bhoss22
Fire Beetle

I have really enjoyed playing on Enlightened Dark! I was wondering when the server is going to be active again? I was able to play a few days this week, but it has been down for 2 days now.

If anyone knows, please let me know! Thank you
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

With Diablo 3 releasing tomorrow at midnight, and me having a dart banquet, and a few bowling tournaments this weekend I haven't been home. The server will remain down for most of the summer until after I've had my Diablo 3 fix, or if get another computer to host the server from it'll return much sooner but with little development. Ill be adding content to the server where I can and upon re-release it will contain all new content. I would guess you can expect to see Enlightened Dark return sometime early September.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:38 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

on server list as returining on 1st of sept , really cant wait