Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

Default Solo character server?

I've looked around a bit and have yet to find a server that doesn't allow boxing or Bots. I don't want an old school server.. I want new content etc etc. I just don't enjoy the automated aspect that I've been seeing.

Anyone have a server to suggest?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilesh View Post
I've looked around a bit and have yet to find a server that doesn't allow boxing or Bots. I don't want an old school server.. I want new content etc etc. I just don't enjoy the automated aspect that I've been seeing.

Anyone have a server to suggest?
Unfortunately, PaladinSteve had a great server up for beta testing a while back, it was 1 account per ip and while it wasn't fully soloable, it was great for small groups 2-3 people. Hopefully he will have it back up again soon.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

The only problem with a solo character server and allowing 1 toon per IP is you run into the people that have roommates or siblings or mom and dad that want to play along all within the same house hold. While exceptions can be made for certain accounts, I can admit as an admin, it runs into a slippery slope. You start to get people who run that well he can run two characters why can't I arguments and most servers just want to stay away from that kind of hassle and would like to devote their time to the server rather than monitoring certain accounts to ensure no use of MQ or boxing is going on to keep play fair. While a great idea to use, the best solo type of server your going to find at the moment is The Irreverent server. No use of bots are allowed and content is tuned to be soloable while running live like events and such.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the responses. I guess I should have said Single IP server. What I want is a community that has to come together to take down raid targets like Live used to. I think I will try Irreverent out for now, since there doesn't seem to be what I really want.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Like Mariomario said, it gets to be a very slippery and difficult slope to deal with when you say "Single IP only". I hear you though, it would be nice to not have 1 person "36 boxing" raids by theirselves.

I actually have been formulating an idea for a server lately that would emphasize single player to 1 group content. Quests and trade skills would be top shelf for equipment. You would get stuff off of mobs in intervals to initially progress forward, but then rapidly TS / Quest would kick in to greatly enhance, and surpass the "drop items". Three basic paths, Good (deity), Neutral (Giant / Dragon / Other), Evil (Deity). Roughly speaking at least. Factions would greatly affect spell lines beyond the basic starter spell repository, as well as other abilities.

Have a good one.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

I'd love to try this out.. let me know if you get to the testing stage!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Kilesh,

I will be working on it, but man that is going to take some doing I do have a base server up now, it is PEQ straight right atm.

One of the first things I will do is revamp the topology some. I am thinking about adding a Zone In to Jewel of Atiiki from south qeynost in that 2nd "bay" that has a zone in that would seem to lead to the sewers but does not actually zone. This would open up... quite a lot of content "right there" so to speak. From Jewel you can zone to KattaCastrum, then from there....quite a few things can happen.
I might drop Shar Vahl into place off of High Hold Pass on the one unused "Zone out/in" and possibly A link to Blightfire Moors off of the other side.
I will connect a good bit of mainland antonica via an Under World... etc al...

Barbarians who join the Tribunal may very well be in "cahoots" with the Giants...
Lots and lots and ....lots...of work
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Kilesh
Fire Beetle

This sounds really neat. I hope it works out!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

When my server returns at the beginning of September its geared around solo-group type content. 6 box limit max as you should never need anything over that, but with how i modified items and NPCs content is soloable for anyone who wants to put in quite a bit of time and do everything themselves, or they can choose to group with others to get it done. Normal 54 man raid encounters can be done with a solid group and nothing more is ever needed, but can be done in lesser gear the more people that join. It was quite popular back when it was active. I took it down because of D3 and some RL business, but its back to the grind and doing content. Everything is emulated from live with loot drops, certain encounters (tuned to be groupable for appropriate gear of cource), tradeskills and quests, mixed in with quite a bit of custom content including alternate quests for your 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 charms and others. At the moment I have fabled creatures upto the Velious era and content upto Omens of War. I still have a lot of work to do before it becomes available again, but I have a feeling its going to be just as good if not better this time around. Feel free to check it out when it becomes active again.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

I will have to check it out when you get it up.