Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Uleat
Developer

You usually get a message when it's status-restricted..

"An unknown force prevents you from..." or something like that

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-30-2013, 03:50 PM
HnathBST
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by warkid View Post
im set as GM .... that command you gave me dose nothing?
If you're already a GM than you shouldn't have that issue. That query is meant to be run in MYSql (like through HeidiSql or Navicat). Do you get an error? A crash? anything?
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM
warkid
Hill Giant

dont get a erro when i try to enter OOW the discord guy tells me discord is not open right now

when i try to enter BOT and POD this is what happens... when im running up to the zone i ty clicking to enter and get a erro saying im too far away.... but when i get up to the zone and try clicking i get nothing
Old 10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
warkid
Hill Giant

Default Maybe FIXED

gonna do a little testing but maybe fixed? seemed i can now enter BOT..... once testing i will post what i did ... did not have to edit any tables
Old 10-31-2013, 07:11 AM
warkid
Hill Giant

ok thus far i can now enter BOT and POS (other planes) i can now use POK to enter crescent and i can enter blightfire.... but still priest of discord wont allow me to go to omens.... although cres and blightfire where well after omens?

P.S my fix for Planes of power and cresent/blightfire was
i was originally using underfoot client...
so i decided to download the current full version of EQ from sonys website... (took me about 15 mins depends on ur internet speed)
(make sure you download it to a new folder (NOT UR CURRENT ONE)
After download go into ur underfoot folder and right click and COPY not CUT
go to new folder and paste
create new EQgame shortcut and enter patchme ... off you go

thats what fixed it for me just discord that needs a fix
Old 10-31-2013, 07:20 AM
warkid
Hill Giant

P.s also just zoned into the voide... but i also found out aswell as discord not working the trails in time dont either
Old 10-31-2013, 12:49 PM
warkid
Hill Giant

Default discord

i can zne into omens but not using discord and i can portal in...
only way in is using void any idea?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 PM
HnathBST
Sarnak

The fix for discord is to edit the priest of discord file in quests/global/

I can't tell you exactly what needs to be changed, but there is a block of commented code. I remember changing it on my server. If you can't figure it out I'll post my code for you.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:35 PM
warkid
Hill Giant

could you pm it to me please?
Old 10-31-2013, 09:11 PM
HnathBST
Sarnak

I'll just post it here in case anyone wants to open up this quest as well:

File: quests/global/Priest_of_Discord.pl
Code:
##################################################
# ZONE: Multiple
# DATABASE: PEQ-Omens of War
# LAST EDIT DATE: April 25, 2009
# VERSION: 1.1
# DEVELOPER: Congdar
#
# *** NPC INFORMATION ***
#
# NAME: Priest_of_Discord
# ID: Multiple
# TYPE: NPC
# RACE: Human
# LEVEL: 50
#
# *** ITEMS GIVEN OR TAKEN ***
#
# Tome of Order and Discord ID-18700
# Discordant Crystal Shard ID-77765
# Rolled Discordant Parchment ID-77766
# Spell: Bloodfields Gate ID-77659
# Spell: Bloodfields Portal ID-77661
# Spell: Circle of Bloodfields ID-77662
# Spell: Ring of Bloodfields ID-77663
# Spell: Translocate: Bloodfields ID-77660
#
# *** QUESTS INVOLVED IN ***
#
# Become PvP
# Bloodfields Port Spells
#
# *** QUESTS AVAILABLE TO ***
#
# Become PvP - Anyone
# Bloodfields Port Spells - Wizards and Druids
#
##################################################

sub EVENT_SAY {
  if($text=~/hail/i) {
    quest::say("Ah, another who admits that the path to glory and power lies in discord? Have we not always preached the truth? We are the only ones that can give you passage to the new world of purest Discord. Should you like to go there, tell me you [wish to go to Discord] and I will grant you passage. If you wish to [know more] about this travel, I will tell you. And, of course, if you have come to seek the way of Discord in your life, then ask me about your [Tome of Order and Discord].");
  }
  if($text=~/know more/i) {
    quest::say("We have been given a unique magic to pass through realms and we believe it to be the influence of Discord itself granting this gift upon its faithful followers. Only we can send you back and forth to the realm touched by Discord, a world called Kuua. You will find priests on the other side that will send you directly back to me, where your travel originated. And, if you are of the right ilk, I may be able to grant you [additional information].");
  }
  if($text=~/additional information/i) {
    quest::say("There is a magic in Kuua that is blessed with the power of Discord itself. We have found we can use that magic to help those who help us. If you return three [discordant crystal shards] and a [magic parchment], we will imbue it with our power so you may travel there alone. Obviously, you must be a master of teleportation yourself -- a wizard or druid, is what I mean.");
  }
  if($text=~/shards/i) {
    quest::say("The crystal shards are very unique and bear a magic that brims with the power of Discord. We found we can use them to create spells on a specific type of discordant parchment that allows wizards and druids to pass through to the other realm.");
  }
  if($text=~/magic parchment/i) {
    quest::say("We are not certain what the parchments were meant for, but they burn hot and cold and are imbued with a magic that protects it from destroying itself. We need one of these parchments to make a travel spell to Kuua in the Realm of Discord.");
  }
  if($text=~/tome/i) {
    quest::say("The Tome of Order and Discord was penned by the seventh member of the Tribunal and has become the key to a life of Discord, in spite of the author's pitiful warnings. Do you not have one, child of Order? Would you [like to read] it?");
  }
  if($text=~/read/i) {
    quest::say("Very well. Here you go. Simply return it to me to be released from the chains of Order.");
    quest::summonitem(18700); #Tome of Order and Discord
  }
  if($text=~/wish/i) {
    #quest::say("I am sorry but Discord is closed to me right now.");
    quest::say("Prepare yourself to cross into the depths of Discord!");
    quest::setglobal("OOW_PoD_Origin", $zoneid, 5, "F");
    quest::movepc(302, -1485.52, -1263.29, 222.0);
  }
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
  if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18700 => 1)) { #Tome of Order and Discord
    quest::say("I see you wish to join us in Discord! Welcome! By turning your back on the protection of Order you are now open to many more opportunities for glory and power. Remember that you can now be harmed by those who have also heard the call of Discord.");
    quest::pvp("on");
    quest::ding();
  }
  elsif(($class eq "Wizard" || $class eq "Druid") && plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 77765 => 3, 77766 => 1)) { #Discordant Crystal Shards x 3, Rolled Discordant Parchment
    quest::emote("wraps the crystals in the parchment and closes his eyes, chanting in a language you've never heard. In moments, a burning parchment appears.");
    quest::say("You will now be able to teleport into the realm of discord, true power is at your fingertips!");
    if($class eq "Wizard") {
      quest::summonitem(77659); #Spell: Bloodfields Gate
      quest::summonitem(77660); #Spell: Translocate: Bloodfields
      quest::summonitem(77661); #Spell: Bloodfields Portal
    }
    elsif($class eq "Druid") {
      quest::summonitem(77662); #Spell: Circle of Bloodfields
      quest::summonitem(77663); #Spell: Ring of Bloodfields
    }
    quest::ding();
  }
  plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}

#END of FILE Zone:Multiple  ID:Multiple -- Priest_of_Discord
That will allow people to port to (302) Dranik's Scar and set the QGlobal for the Priest of Discord and Elder Priest of Discord to send you home.

Notice in the if($text =~ /wish/i) section, the old text about discord is commented out, the lines below were there, just commented out.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:19 AM
TylerBarnes
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HnathBST View Post
The guys over at PEQ have recently switched from the SVN to a google drive with a daily dump. I don't think any of the guides have been updated to reflect this, so your DB is most likely out dated.

to source the new files like kingly said you simply put them in your C:\EQ\SQL folder, open a command prompt and navigate to that folder.

then type:
Code:
C:\EQ\SQL> mysql -u root -p peq
<it will ask your password, type it and press enter>
mysql> source drop_system.sql
<this will take a second>
mysql> source peqbeta_{date_time}.sql <this will change depending on when you d/l>
<this will take a minute, good time to get some coffee...>
mysql>source user_tables_{date_time}.sql <same date as above>
<this won't take as long>
mysql>source source_views.sql
Obvisiously ignoring my comments ^*

That SHOULD get you up and running with your DB, just let us know if you encounter any errors.
I'm trying to follow these directions but I'm hitting a bit of a road block.
I downloaded the google drive stuff, put it in my SQL folder and then opened cmd.exe, navigated to the folder so it said C:\EQ\SQL>
I put the code in, enter my password and get the following error: ERROR 1049 <42000> Unknown database 'peq'
Not entirely sure why it's not working. I put the .tar.gz files in there and then extracted them but still preserved the original files so it had both the .tar.gz and the extracted files in the SQL folder.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:56 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Did you create the peq database first?
Old 11-10-2013, 02:01 AM
HnathBST
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerBarnes View Post
I'm trying to follow these directions but I'm hitting a bit of a road block.
I downloaded the google drive stuff, put it in my SQL folder and then opened cmd.exe, navigated to the folder so it said C:\EQ\SQL>
I put the code in, enter my password and get the following error: ERROR 1049 <42000> Unknown database 'peq'
Not entirely sure why it's not working. I put the .tar.gz files in there and then extracted them but still preserved the original files so it had both the .tar.gz and the extracted files in the SQL folder.
Depending on what directions you followed your database May not be named peq. You need to change the command 'MySQL -u root -p peq' to match the database you do have.