Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

DoTAQuest Forums.

The forums are up, far as I know, signing up is as easy as 123, it's simple as ABC. ETC ETC. =P
Old 11-08-2013, 03:32 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Eh, all the items and such I make start with 1337XX, like every server I've hosted have been 133700 for the first item, and goes from there, just something I end up doing out of habit. =P... Anyway, the ideas are good, for sure. I'm starting on those forums and will post them when I'm finished.

I do enjoy this idea, honestly I do. It's getting pretty good, now we need to sit down and write stuff on paper, (or in this case on forums), and get things finalized before we start a project DB... Forum link in a little.
I made a account for the forum. We've got a lot of idea's to draw off of at this point to try and condense into concrete finalized better structured and balanced ones to design around. I defiantly need to read through them all again.

I've all ready got a basic plan in mind to begin working on the masks a bit they'll need more tweaking later, but can probably get a preliminary thing going with a bunch of them over the weekend.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Awesome, I've granted Site Admin as well as me. I'll let you gather the ideas from this site over to the forums and post them in order that you saw them, and how they would work, once that's done, I'll see about prodding for other GM's to help DEV this project, and maybe in a couple weeks//months we can get this off the ground in at least DEV.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:12 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I have some custom code laying around I wrote that did a custom "Good vs Evil" faction system. I could probably whip out a custom server prototype if I find some time.

Any other devs hopping on this idea storm yet?

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 11-16-2013, 03:44 AM
knowom
Discordant

That could probably be pretty useful or portions of it at least. I'm hoping to make it be more than one faction versus another one. I feel there are a lot of different aspect methods that could be utilized in terms of the faction control stuff and creating that DOTA/MOBA control struggle aspect.

More developers pooling ideas toward it is defiantly a good thing though. My initial thoughts was using nexus's at each zone line that lock or unlock content within the zones or like adjacent zones. Obviously some zones only have 2 zone lines, but others can quite a few more than that. I think 3 is about the average amount zone_points in a typical zone roughly.

So far it's just myself and Nerdgasm for developers on the project, but we're defiantly still looking for more because the project could defiantly be better with additional people working together refining ideas or brains new ones.