Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:57 PM
ZionPhoenixGM
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
OS Version helps to know what you're dealing with.

Typically the installer will run every-time windows starts up if it is not meeting a condition it is trying to perform.

Do you have any conflicting installs? Cause if you have individual components loaded it could conflict.

When it is trying to access that file, it is most likely that MariaDB (MySQL) Service is already started and has that file open, try shutting off the service and hitting 'Retry' on the installer to let it do its thing.

The other note is that the installer creates a restore point on your system if you have it enabled so if you wanted to go back to before when it was installed you should be able to do that as well.

Let me know if any of this helps you.
Hey Akkadius,

So I am on Windows 8.1 64bit.

I did discover the system restore point and went back to that. Maybe things broke when I tried to run the server before it was actually configured and that caused things to break.

The most frustrating/odd part of this was the installer would run when I was just opening a .zip/.rar file thus overwritting my unpack.

I will give your suggestions a shot tonight and get back to you.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionPhoenixGM View Post
Hey Akkadius,

I did discover the system restore point and went back to that. Maybe things broke when I tried to run the server before it was actually configured and that caused things to break.

The most frustrating/odd part of this was the installer would run when I was just opening a .zip/.rar file thus overwritting my unpack.

Yeah when the installer has had some conflict, which could have been you already having WinRar installed, try even uninstalling WinRAR and running through the repack again.

Sure there is some pain to deal with but it is much less than what you will find trying to configure a server without issues.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionPhoenixGM View Post
Hey Akkadius,

I am on Windows 8.1 64-bit and this is happening to me as well. In fact, any time I right click any files or folders of mine that I have at all, the installer starts. I click cancel and the installer cancels but then starts again. I have to click cancel on about 10 different installers before i finally get my right click menu. Rar files are unusable atm. I came here looking to see if it happened to anyone else. I will have to try uninstalling winrar, then reinstall the repack and see if that does it.