Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:23 PM
BasketCase209
Fire Beetle

Default Ugh... not again!

So I tried setting up a server and had it going pretty well for a while but recently decided I wanted to start from scratch with the knowledge I have now. I'm following the server set up guide, trying to make sure I have the right versions of everything.
CMAKE is giving me all kinds of issues... again. I went back and looked at previous posts to see if that could fix the issue but it's not. This appears to be a new issue. I used Git BASH to get the source code and when I go to try to build it with CMAKE I get this.

Anyone know why this is happening? I used the info "git clone git://github.com/EQEmu/Server.git ." and tried to git it twice. Both times same issue.
I did installed the depenencies X86 just as directed and still nothing.
Thanks for the help!
Old 03-23-2015, 04:36 PM
BasketCase209
Fire Beetle

I tried using the dependencies for x64 and still no luck.
Is there an issue with the source I got from the github? Or am I missing something terribly obvious?
Old 03-23-2015, 04:51 PM
BasketCase209
Fire Beetle

I tried copying over the source folder from my old server and it's still having an issue.
I tried uninstalling cmake and installing version 2.8.12.1 but still no luck.
Will keep this updated.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:19 PM
BasketCase209
Fire Beetle

Tried reinstalling perl and then restarting. Still no luck.
I installed Akka's repack but decided to do it the old fashioned way because I was having issues so I should have everything installed that comes with it.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:35 PM
ghanja
Dragon

It almost appears that Cmake was installed before VS (or VS was already installed from your previous go at things?). But this is in response to your first post only. Now you appear to be doing things in a panic, no offense.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:59 PM
BasketCase209
Fire Beetle

Well, I apologize if it appears I'm doing things in a panic. I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff so I'm doing my best to troubleshoot. I wanted to keep the thread up to date so as not to waste people's time if they suggest something I've tried.
Do you have a suggestion?
Old 03-23-2015, 07:39 PM
BasketCase209
Fire Beetle

I think I've figured it out. Cmake cannot read the source documents without Visual Studio and the version released in 2013 was version 12. I got these confused.
When I installed version 12 released in 2013 instead of the version released in 2012 it seems to have made it work.

If you, too encounter this issue, check the date and not the version of visual studio. Something that small can put a wrench in the entire works.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:46 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketCase209 View Post
Well, I apologize if it appears I'm doing things in a panic. I'm not an expert on this kind of stuff so I'm doing my best to troubleshoot. I wanted to keep the thread up to date so as not to waste people's time if they suggest something I've tried.
Do you have a suggestion?
Well I'm glad you got it figured out. Because despite my best efforts to not offend (even including "no offense", however, by definition, you did press the proverbial "panic" button), you still retorted with an offensive stance with a patronizing reply. <shrug>

Quote:
Download Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop (Windows 7+)
and

Quote:
In the next dialogue that says 'Specify the generator for this project', select 'Visual Studio 12' if you arte using Visual Studio 2013
From vsab's wiki post. Good luck in your endeavors.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:23 PM
TylerBarnes
Sarnak

Ignore ghanja. He's trolling you.
I'm glad you got it figured out. That seems counterproductive to assign the 2013 the number 12 but it's probably the version number. It's an easy thing to miss.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Uleat
Developer

I don't think Ghanja was trolling..but, yes... MS's numbering convention can be confusing...

(What happened to Windows 9??)

Compilin' Dirty

Tags
cmake