Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Drazel
Fire Beetle

Smile The outcome

I needed to do a good system image on my server machine so I reinstalled everything and learned from my previous mistakes.

I found in the forums that you need to use cmake 2.8.12.1, the cmake version is not actually listed on the wiki and using the x86 version of 3.3.1 gave me the initial errors that started this thread.

The other information I found in the forums that I did, but am unsure if it made any difference is using boost version 1.55.

These two pieces of information were provided by joligario a Developer on page 10 of http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36481 .

Another wiki adjustment, before you do part 6 d of the wiki you need to change eqemu_config.xml to point to the correct database.

Another thing I did differently and am unsure if it impacts the outcome is I changed VS 2013 to compile and match the RelwithDebug that cmake had listed.

It compiled with 1200 plus warnings but no errors and no fails.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Uleat
Developer

I think the gcc compiler honors the (release) version setting..whereas vs just gives it a nod and says "whatever..."

I didn't consider where the config file step was when I added the patcher update to the wiki. I'll look at moving that.

Compilin' Dirty