Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:34 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Default Not sure how to solve this

Hello there,

Followed the guide to the letter but when I go to build I always get 1 error. It says LNK1104 cannot open file mysqlclient.lib. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:46 PM
Uleat
Developer

Make sure that you downloaded your dependencies and that they are in the right place.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Atzanik
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKlife83 View Post
Hello there,

Followed the guide to the letter but when I go to build I always get 1 error. It says LNK1104 cannot open file mysqlclient.lib. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Once you open the solution in Visual Studio, go to the Solution Explorer, click one time on "loginserver" then right click, select "Properties..."

The property page will open. In the left pane, expand "Configuration Properties", then click on "VC++ Directories"

In the right pane, ADD the following to the "Library Directories"

C:\EQ\Source\dependencies\mysql_x86\lib

This is provided that you created everything on the C drive and followed the guide when creating directories. If you changed anything to where you put those dependency files, adjust the path accordingly.

The error you are getting in VS is because the linker can't find the library to link in. So you need to tell it, which is what you're doing above.

Another option is to drag and drop the mysqlclient.lib into the loginserver project in the solution explorer.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:34 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Thank you very much will try this immediately.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Wisperin
Fire Beetle

I found this same issue building a 32bit server. It seems to have happened with this commit.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...bb52c418f72bd8

I reverted to the old script and it compiled loginserver.exe fine after that.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:46 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Thank you guys for all the help, I've managed to move past that point but have ran into another roadblock. Everything else works but eqlaunch.exe. I have tried everything I know how to do but this is the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://imgur.com/f7aIvRd
Old 10-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

You're zlib1.dll is showing an x64 cpu type..are you mixing build types in your dependencies?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Yep right on the money, I fixed the zlib1.dll error however the other missing dependencies in the picture i still can't fix. Thank you
Old 10-21-2015, 06:53 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Would like to get this setup soon for the kids and I to play together. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Uleat
Developer

It sounds like you're running into a VS2015 error that I've seen in the forums a few times already.

I don't run VS2015 myself and have no experience with its errors :(

Did you download VS2015 or VS2013?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-23-2015, 09:58 AM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply, when I went to compile everything I used Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows Desktop. If I give you access to the server pc I use could you take a look at it? Via. Teamviewer. I would like to get my kids off minecraft and playing a real game with dad. Also, I have experience with ubuntu, after reading the guide on setting up a linux server, I see that it has more steps, but would that get rid of all the .dll errors? I have a feeling that it is something minor that someone with experience could fix very easily. It would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Uleat
Developer

Make sure that anything labeled as a 'dependency' is of the same build type as what you are attempting to build the server as (i.e., 32-bit, 64-bit)

Git can be 64-bit, as can Heidi/Navicat..but, anything that compiles with the server code (dependency) must be of the same build type.

People report no problems with the 64-bit build..but, I always recommend the 32-bit version since it gets more run-time testing. Plus, the pointer and
int sizes are smaller..so, there should be more available memory.

You may want to delete your 'build' directory and re-run cmake.

There could be lingering paths in your current server solution causing issues.

Re-running cmake with no build directory will ensure that all of the old references will be gone.

Then, just open the solution and build as you normally would.

See where you are with this and post back.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-23-2015, 02:25 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

I followed the guide completely. I used everything as 32-bit except for Tortoise SVN would that effect it? Is there maybe a certain runtime redist I should install? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:42 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

Like Uleat said be sure to clear (delete,rename) your build directory! Have run into that a couple times.

Celestial
Old 10-23-2015, 02:47 PM
SKlife83
Fire Beetle

Trying that now. Will I need to do anything in sql after rebuilding? Also I am able to launch and connect to the loginserver. I can confirm the only problem is with eqlaunch.exe.