Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:31 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default ERROR compiling new command.cpp

Just had compile error after pulling latest source with the new command.cpp:

/
Code:
home/huppy/source/zone/command.cpp: In function ‘int command_init()’:
/home/huppy/source/zone/command.cpp:400:91: error: ‘$Group’ was not declared in this scope
/home/huppy/source/zone/command.cpp:400:114: error: ‘$npc’ was not declared in this scope
/home/huppy/source/zone/command.cpp:400:125: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘;’ token
/home/huppy/source/zone/command.cpp:416:2: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘)’ token
make[2]: *** [zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/command.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Of course the compile halted after this, haha
Old 12-13-2015, 03:58 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Just to mention, This still shows up with a completely fresh git pull of the whole source code,
without any modifications. Usually everytime there is a source update, I empty out my source
folder and pull all of it new.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:01 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

It looks like you have some sort of modification, although you say you haven't modified the file at all. Those errors work like this 'file location:line number:column number' So on line 400 you have 3 errors and on line 416 you have an error. Would you mind posting from line 390 to 420 of your command.cpp (located in source/zone folder)?

Note: The reason I say it seems like there is a modification is because the scalar symbol ($) is not used in C++ for variable declaration, the only place you'll find that in any of EQEmulator's code is in Perl or PHP.

Edit: Compiled the source as of today (12/13/15) and did not receive this error or any sort of error at all.

Last edited by Kingly_Krab; 12-13-2015 at 05:30 AM..
Old 12-13-2015, 05:59 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Thiis the orginal downloaded from git, with no mods EDIT : Line 420 at bottom is blank

Code:
command_add("viewnpctype", "[npctype id] - Show info about an npctype", 100, command_viewnpctype) ||
		command_add("viewpetition", "[petition number] - View a petition", 20, command_viewpetition) ||
		command_add("wc", "[wear slot] [material] - Sends an OP_WearChange for your target", 200, command_wc) ||
		command_add("weather", "[0/1/2/3] (Off/Rain/Snow/Manual) - Change the weather", 80, command_weather) ||
		command_add("worldshutdown", "- Shut down world and all zones", 200, command_worldshutdown) ||
		command_add("wp", "[add/delete] [grid_num] [pause] [wp_num] [-h] - Add/delete a waypoint to/from a wandering grid", 170, command_wp) ||
		command_add("wpadd", "[pause] [-h] - Add your current location as a waypoint to your NPC target's AI path", 170, command_wpadd) ||
		command_add("wpinfo", "- Show waypoint info about your NPC target", 170, command_wpinfo) ||
		command_add("xtargets",  "Show your targets Extended Targets and optionally set how many xtargets they can have.",  250, command_xtargets) ||
		command_add("zclip", "[min] [max] - modifies and resends zhdr packet", 80, command_zclip) ||
		command_add("zcolor", "[red] [green] [blue] - Change sky color", 80, command_zcolor) ||
		command_add("zheader", "[zonename] - Load zheader for zonename from the database", 80, command_zheader) ||
		command_add("zone", "[zonename] [x] [y] [z] - Go to specified zone (coords optional)", 50, command_zone) ||
		command_add("zonebootup", "[ZoneServerID] [shortname] - Make a zone server boot a specific zone", 150, command_zonebootup) ||
		command_add("zoneinstance", "[instanceid] [x] [y] [z] - Go to specified instance zone (coords optional)", 50, command_zone_instance) ||
		command_add("zonelock", "[list/lock/unlock] - Set/query lock flag for zoneservers", 100, command_zonelock) ||
		command_add("zoneshutdown", "[shortname] - Shut down a zone server", 150, command_zoneshutdown) ||
		command_add("zonespawn", "- Not implemented", 250, command_zonespawn) ||
		command_add("zonestatus", "- Show connected zoneservers, synonymous with /servers", 150, command_zonestatus) ||
		command_add("zopp",  "Troubleshooting command - Sends a fake item packet to you. No server reference is created.",  250, command_zopp) ||
		command_add("zsafecoords", "[x] [y] [z] - Set safe coords", 80, command_zsafecoords) ||
		command_add("zsave", " - Saves zheader to the database", 80, command_zsave) ||
		command_add("zsky", "[skytype] - Change zone sky type", 80, command_zsky) ||
		command_add("zstats", "- Show info about zone header", 80, command_zstats) ||
		command_add("zunderworld", "[zcoord] - Sets the underworld using zcoord", 80, command_zunderworld) ||
		command_add("zuwcoords", "[z coord] - Set underworld coord", 80, command_zuwcoords)
	) {
		command_deinit();
		return -1;
	}
Old 12-13-2015, 06:07 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Edit: Compiled the source as of today (12/13/15) and did not receive this error or any sort of error at all.
I'm baffled by it. I have my backup source, which I just compiled again to test and it went
smooth, hahaha
Old 12-13-2015, 06:10 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Pretty weird stuff man, haha. Seems like people get some wildcard errors every so often.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:15 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Ya, I will try it again, no urgency here, I was trying to compile the commands update, to see what it's like with the new command system. My karma gets me this kind of thing once in awhile. I've had NPC scripts stop working out of the blue and and then start working again, hahaha
Old 12-13-2015, 06:27 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Just tried something different. Not only clearing out the source folder, but deleted the folder as well.
I created a new folder with same name "source" and pulled the code from git.
It compiled with no errors. Go figure.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Glad to hear it worked itself out, it never is fun to encounter issues like this. Wish I could see what the actual issue was, as to allow me to keep people from experiencing the same issue in the future or better diagnose it.