Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-06-2023, 03:02 PM
Euno17
Fire Beetle

Exclamation Password Reset Functionality Not working

I've been trying for the last few hours to assist a friend in recovering her account and it's been a frustrating process even as an IT guy. She tried to do this herself and it didn't work so she enlisted my help. She knows the account username and email address associated with the two forum accounts that she's trying to access. She associated an gmail email account and an aol account to the two forum accounts in question. Both are seeing the same issue.

First I assisted her by trying to send a 'forgot my password' link. The first email is sent by mailer@eqemulator.net and looks like this:

Quote:
You have requested to reset your password on EQEmulator Forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
Both gmail and Aol accounts get this email. Well in clicking the link, of course it directs her to a page on eqemu forums and says a new password will be sent via email. Only the second email never comes to actually reset her password for either email address / account. I waited 30 minutes and had her try again to be sure, this time having the mailer@eqemulator.net email address be whitelisted on both accounts as people have suggested just in-case. Whitelisting did not help. The second email never arrives.

In searching the forums, the mods and others have suggested people use this link to help with account recovery: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/reg...o=requestemail

Neither account is receiving the follow up email to reset the password or the secondary method of account recovery.

Any other suggestions on how she can recover her eqemu forum accounts?
Old 09-07-2023, 05:04 AM
Mandeseent96
Fire Beetle

Is your problem solved?
Old 10-01-2023, 09:55 AM
Tanz
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euno17 View Post
I've been trying for the last few hours to assist a friend in recovering her account and it's been a frustrating process even as an IT guy. She tried to do this herself and it didn't work so she enlisted my help. She knows the account username and email address associated with the two forum accounts that she's trying to access. She associated an gmail email account and an aol account to the two forum accounts in question. Both are seeing the same issue.

First I assisted her by trying to send a 'forgot my password' link. The first email is sent by mailer@eqemulator.net and looks like this:

Both gmail and Aol accounts get this email. Well in clicking the link, of course it directs her to a page on eqemu forums and says a new password will be sent via email. Only the second email never comes to actually reset her password for either email address / account. I waited 30 minutes and had her try again to be sure, this time having the mailer@eqemulator.net email address be whitelisted on both accounts as people have suggested just in-case. Whitelisting did not help. The second email never arrives.

In searching the forums, the mods and others have suggested people use this link to help with account recovery: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/reg...o=requestemail

Neither account is receiving the follow up email to reset the password or the secondary method of account recovery.

Any other suggestions on how she can recover her eqemu forum accounts?

I had to create a new account just to be able to say I also have this issue. The 2nd email never comes, it's not in Spam or anywhere in my email account. The account is essentially frozen now.
Old 10-09-2023, 12:04 PM
doxa12
Fire Beetle

Cannot get verification emails for new EQ emu accounts and cannot get SMS for password resetting login server accounts. From what I have read, maybe the SMS thing will be fixed sometime soon and the verification emails could just be taking a very long time. If you are like me, a returning player trying to get back into it and trying to troubleshoot one or both of these problems, I hope this saves you some time. I plan to try again in a week or so. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2023, 12:27 AM
Clintontenny
Fire Beetle

Just ran into this issue myself. What is the fix!
Old 10-12-2023, 05:57 AM
Calmethar
Fire Beetle

Try turning on "Receive Email from Administrators" in the "User CP" -> "Edit Options" menu. It might not do the trick, though :-/

I'm also struggling trying to reset a password for a loginserver account. The SMS Verification requires additional email verification, which doesn't go through in any way. Though it should automatically after 7 days.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:18 AM
joligario
Developer

https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sh...ewpost&t=43986