Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-08-2003, 10:32 AM
ednecro
Sarnak

Default Just a question about Horses?

This was probably discussed already but I was just wondering...
I saw hogie riding a horse in the screenshots section.

Do they actually work in 0.4.3?
I know they were like the last thing added to eqlive.
Any comments appreciated.
You have been slain by a Hill Giant.
LOADING PLEASE WAIT...
Old 05-08-2003, 12:12 PM
mfghs
Sarnak

yes they work, well some of them do, only certain colors you can mount, others say that it doesnt know what spell it is.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Raahb
Sarnak

It works, but I think it's bugged. Whenever I summon a horse I start riding and it eventually goes EXTREMELY fast. A lot faster than EQLive horses. Fast horses are good, but not at the cost of not being able to control where I'm going easily. It goes so fast if I hit a small hill I'll go flying into the air and land for hunreds of damage.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:50 PM
viroodiemzero
Fire Beetle

LOL this kills me, Ive heard so many times, that you can only use certain colored horses. Its sheeeeet. you can get any color horse. Its just that peoples ubery mind cant wrap around the fact that just because you cant mount a black ornate chain bridle, that a black horse doesnt exist

They do work on various servers, both 0.4.3 and 0.4.4,

They are set very funny , in that they do run WAAAY too quick, faster than my 32 mb card can attempt to render , even in kunark zones.

Solution to both of these problems, is use rope bridles instead of chain, and if the rope is still too fast, then set yourself to walk, and it should slow you down a little as well.

Unfortunately, i dont have much of an awnser to your dilema, But just to clarify, EQ live added horses with SoL expansion, almost a year later added PoP, then 5 months later LoY.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:29 AM
ednecro
Sarnak

Im sure you are right. I have just have not played eqlive for soo long. Just recently went back.
when I started back up I got LoY and PoP and I was not sure what came out first. But thatks for the info, I will check it out.
You have been slain by a Hill Giant.
LOADING PLEASE WAIT...