Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Gaoes
Fire Beetle

Default eqclient...from korea....looks like its not warez...

hey kiddies,

i was exploring the everquest korea site and found that they hvae a file to DL called EQclient.zip its about 718 mb i thnk any idea what that would be? is that eq classic or.......what

it doesnt look like warez or anything
Old 08-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Memener
Dragon

you could get banned if you post the link for it

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Gaoes
Fire Beetle

but i didnt post the link did i tee hee =)

but seriously i saw a guy in (i think turorials and how to's pg 3) that had a link to a sony hosted site or whatever that had the EQclassic DL for free.........do we not want warez to avoid legal issues......i'm kinda new to this page.....like 2 days old

and that korean one is a sony hosted site ....i'm confused....
Old 08-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Lestat43
Sarnak

You wanna pm me the site I will see what your refering to, but the last domain addy I had for EQ Korea went down and is no more last I checked. As for them making EQ classic available for d/l I'd have to see that to believe it becuase the only thing that was going down with EQ and Korea in the same sentance was this company (which I don't recall the name offhand, but you can find it in news articles online) was gonna host a Korean server over there. I don't remember hearing anymore beyond that. I wouldn't think SOE would release classic as a download though. That would defeat the purpose of purchasing the cd from them. Personally I wouldn't download it if I were you, but that's just my take on it.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:19 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

you can download the eqclassic client np free of charge. its on the eq server. thats not warez. but anything post classic is.

any links not from eq's own FTP/WEB is warez.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 08-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Lestat43
Sarnak

Ya I just saw the one he downloaded and it's definately legit. It's the same server addy as where I got the EQIM so there is no question about that in my eyes. He is in good shape and has nothing to worry about it. I am a believer now. LOL!!!! :lol:

Still no word yet on that Korean site though. It's modeled after the EQLive site though. Almost an exact replica of it. I inquired about it to afew GM's to find out if SOE had an offical site for Korea, but they didn't know anything. Kinda makes you wonder what the heck it is they are getting paid for. Everytime I ask what to me is a very simple question for them to answer I get more I don't knows and write SOE from those morons then I can even count. I'd like to know what it is they get paid to do outside of pissing me off. LOL!!!! :twisted:
Old 08-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Shawn319
Demi-God

read the rules carefully.. you cant even post the eqlive ftp link.

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 08-11-2003, 07:50 AM
Lestat43
Sarnak

Nobody did mate.

Correction to my original statement. Nobody I know of since I last visited and read this message. LOL!!!! :lol:

Forgot that if it was posted by someone it would have been deleted anyway. Oops on me.