Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-12-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Download EverQuest

Is there a place on the Internet I can download a copy of EverQuest so I can use the EQEMu free service?
Old 08-12-2003, 11:06 AM
mattmeck

Posted: 01-23-2002 05:35 PM Post subject: Basic Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to put out some basic rules for people to follow on the boards to make this a less "flaming" board than HQ's (sorry Ashran, and HQ team :P )

1) No Warez (No Discussion or Providing of Warez). Warez is any file that has been obtained without purchase from the company or a "legit" vendor, or without the sole permission of the owner, or company is considered illegal and is not permitted on these forums. This also includes all EQ files and also means do NOT ask, give out, host, or in some other way promote the giving out of these files. This includes but is not limited to: The EQ Patcher, eqgame.exe, eqmain.dll, spdat.eff, cshome.s3d, cshome_chr.s3d, or ANY file downloaded with the Verant EQ Patcher (aka Everquest.exe) with the exeption of files that can be re-created within 10 seconds by hand (this means eqhost.txt is okay).

*NOTE* Downloading the EQ Files off the Sony FTP Site is not a legal question to ask here. That is if you are buying their service, not to play here. Giving out this link will get your thread erased.

this can be found in the rules sticky

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=96
Old 08-12-2003, 12:16 PM
SupremeBeing
Fire Beetle

You used to be able to download EQ classic free from SoEs site. Im sure thats still the case. Not sure where anymore. Do a search on google.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:46 PM
superman1
Fire Beetle

Download Kazaa, you can download it, but be warned it will be a HUGE file, and in the end it might not work....spend the time at your own risk
Old 08-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Jalister
Fire Beetle

Here is an interesting idea.... buy it, like most of us did. Best part, you will get it for a lot less than those of us who bought it a couple years ago.

EQ Classis $9.99
https://store.station.sony.com/hardg...-BU0103-CSSOFT

EQ Triliogy $19.99 (reduced from $29.99)
https://store.station.sony.com/hardg...-SW0901-TRILOG

Hopefully it's ok for me to link to those sites, since it is definitely not warez.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Deawin
Fire Beetle

I've seen EQ Classic as low as 1.99 Euro here in europe. Thats really not much money and you don't have to fiddle around with p2p clients, ftp sites or whatever.

Regards,
Markus
Old 08-15-2003, 09:28 AM
rile
Fire Beetle

lol whoops bye post =\
Old 08-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Talon0202
Sarnak

Quote:
read the rules carefully.. you cant even post the eqlive ftp link.
That was a post by Shawn319 a lil way down in this same forum....
Old 08-18-2003, 09:52 AM
baladao
Fire Beetle

lol! i just bought 3 eqs Ruins of Kunark today!
im a brazilian! i bought it in a magazine called Senha PC, it was 3 Reais, 1 dollar! lol