Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Mandrayke
Fire Beetle

Default Constant LD

Going LD all the time when trying to play on people's servers...
Old 06-21-2003, 06:14 AM
ozme
Sarnak

Default Bandwith issue

There are a few reasons that i know of for this

- You may be on a 56k line which i am and i can only play on peoples servers at like 2 am when only a few other people are online

- the server could be hosted with low bandwith which will make it impossible to play on

Hope this helps
Old 06-22-2003, 01:17 PM
starskream
Fire Beetle

Im having the same trouble, the concept for this is great , the reliability just isnt there yet
Old 06-23-2003, 04:10 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

You guys don't give us much to work with to fix it before you criticize the reliability. Where do you get disconnected? Does it take a certain amount of time? Do you know what connection speeds you have? Do you have firewalls, or routers or antivirus enabled? Give us something to work with. EQ is unreliable if your phone line is bad but you can't blame them for that.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:18 PM

Default heh

Here, i'll do it for them, since I notice that I go LD often as well: I am on DSL, router for it is on DMZ to my computer, no problems there, I can connect to EQ live just fine, this has happened to me on user AND eqemu servers... there how's that?
Old 07-21-2003, 03:05 PM
G0thic
Fire Beetle

Default Constantly going LD

I'm having the same problem. I'm on a DSL connection, no router, and no firewall. I've also notice that within or after 30 minutes I go LD with out fail.

I was running thru a Linksys Router, then I disconnected that and ran the connection strait to my comp. I'm now running my comp completely naked and I have not seen a change in the time it takes for me to go LD.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Virtueful
Fire Beetle

Same thing was happening to me. Maybe your cable/dsl company or whatever? They just fixed it here.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:12 PM
yoru
Sarnak

have u tried changing ur datarate?
Old 09-29-2003, 10:31 AM
wguidry
Sarnak

Yoru,

What do you suggest?

I am currently at 8.0 and going LD ALOT more when more than one person is on my server. Which is strange....I used to host 10 person quake 3 server on my box connected to cable connection.

And quake 3 uses more bandwith than EQ. Any ideas guys?
Old 09-29-2003, 11:12 AM
mattmeck

Other people who have hosted Quake have say'd EMU is a lot worse on the BD. With a cable connection an AMD 2.4GH with a gig of ram i was able to host 12-15 people. Unless i logged on from the host computer, the second i did that me and 2-3 others could be on but the second we tried to fight we LD'd. Loging on from the host computer is NOT recomended.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:38 PM
Wiz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Other people who have hosted Quake have say'd EMU is a lot worse on the BD. With a cable connection an AMD 2.4GH with a gig of ram i was able to host 12-15 people. Unless i logged on from the host computer, the second i did that me and 2-3 others could be on but the second we tried to fight we LD'd. Loging on from the host computer is NOT recomended.
Quake doesn't have to worry about a large number of the packets that EQ does.

So yes, EQ is worse than quake. Just like Quake is worse than Duke Nukem. Which is worse than online pong. And so on.