Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-17-2003, 02:49 AM
DamiusTch
Fire Beetle

i could have sworn somewhere it told people to have TWO EQ folders....so you can patch one (if your still playing EQlive) and leave the other one for the Emu.....i don't know....maybe i'm just special and think of these things =|

Oh well...something for you guys that patched to think about.

Its also good habit to not patch for a day or two, so you know for sure, because if the devs havn't said anything about it after two days...then i think it should work....

Also...Just assume every patch breaks the Emu. and quit asking for them to hurry up....if your that anxious to play, learn to code, and do it yourself. Just my 2 Copper
Old 10-17-2003, 05:32 AM
kate
Fire Beetle

Default Just Wondering

I'm not asking for anyone to hurry and fix the EMU, I know when you rush things get do very sloppy, I was just wondering what had been changed during the patch that broke it to begin with.

Does anyone know?
Old 10-17-2003, 07:10 AM
feel_my_ice
Fire Beetle

Default Re: Just Wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
I'm not asking for anyone to hurry and fix the EMU, I know when you rush things get do very sloppy, I was just wondering what had been changed during the patch that broke it to begin with.

Does anyone know?
in this thread a couple of days ago they answered your question - i think it was the eqgame.exe and eqmain.dll files
Old 10-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Voodoo13
Fire Beetle

I just wanted to tell you guys its not legal to share EQ software, its only the CD keys that are copyrighted for sharing, well thats what the Customer service told me on the phone when I told them my Trilogy disk where scratched.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Its illegal to redistribute copyrighted software.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Voodoo13
Fire Beetle

I meant to say its not against the law to share EQ software. sorry about that
Old 10-17-2003, 12:37 PM
Rogean
Administrator

It is, and if Sony catched you doing so they will do bad things to you~~
Old 10-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Voodoo13
Fire Beetle

The customer service agent said, do you know any of your friends or a place online where you could get it, then I said isn't that ilegal, he said only the CD keys aren't protected. cause if u think about if when you buy EQ your buying the CD key an there throwing the Disks in for free.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:48 PM
kate
Fire Beetle

Default Re: Just Wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel_my_ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate

Does anyone know?
in this thread a couple of days ago they answered your question - i think it was the eqgame.exe and eqmain.dll files
Well, I think I remember reading that, but that did they change exactly that broke EQEmu?
Old 10-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Suran
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo13
The customer service agent said, do you know any of your friends or a place online where you could get it, then I said isn't that ilegal, he said only the CD keys aren't protected. cause if u think about if when you buy EQ your buying the CD key an there throwing the Disks in for free.
Then the agent was wrong. Read your user agreement. The software is copyrighted, and redistributing it is illegal. These are facts, and they have been proven by legal issues.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:04 PM
flyrken
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suran
Then the agent was wrong. Read your user agreement. The software is copyrighted, and redistributing it is illegal. These are facts, and they have been proven by legal issues.
Absolutely positively correct. That agent would probably be fired on the spot for those comments if it was recorded. Understand he is telling the customer not only to break the EULA agreement but also directing him to possibly download a trojan, virus, or a corrupt file. I believe all companies like to indeminify themselves from all lawsuits, not create work for their legal department.

You should write a letter to Sony about this and get some free months of EQ for crappy customer/technical support. (Did YOU pay for that phone call?)

I would definitely light up their world about that fact, by stressing these words...

Example letter:
-------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sony EQ,

I am a paying customer; paying monthly fees and can not connect due to not being able to install from a CD, which I bought (or got as a gift). My SOE account is: <youraccount>

I called your tech support and the agent instructed me to break the copyright law quoted in my EULA. I was told to get a friend that has this CD or download from any WAREZ site that I could find by the SOE representive.

I can not believe that your agent didn't offer me a temporary username on a SOE FTP site to download the Trilogy software or offer a replacement CD. Why should anyone else pay for bandwidth costs to support SOE Everquest?! Why was I told to break a law, or expose my computer to hackers, virus, or possibe other file corruption issues? I expect SOE to either replace my CD, or give me a full refund for the software purchased, and the monthly fee that was ill gotten.

Sincerly yours,

A POed Customer
------------------------------------------

If that doesn't get a response, nothing will.

EOF
Old 10-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Suran
Fire Beetle

Shit dude.. if that letter doesnt make em wet their pants.... lol.. damn, nice job!
Old 10-19-2003, 04:38 AM
sirking
Fire Beetle

dammit all! I demand you fix emu or give me my money back! oh.. wait.. nevermind
Old 10-24-2003, 07:10 PM
SRX
Fire Beetle

I've waited a long long long time for an emulator that worked well for EQ... Now I have finally found this, nearly perfected emulator with just a minor (Bug that messes it up?), but since I've waited this long for it I'm sure I can wait a while longer...

But can I wait til 2007? No, doubtful, I might go insane by that date... :P Anyway, to the devs or, whatever you're called (not meaning to be rude just have no idea what to call you guys :/) thanks for the hard work for this emulator and I greatly appreciate what you have done for us people that always wanted to try EQ.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:25 PM
killspree
Dragon

Not really a bug, more of how the client communicates with the server, it was changed by sony, and the devs are just trying to get it back up to date.

Remember, the more features there are, the longer it will take to get it updated, so you have to have patience. 5.0 is gonna be really nice when it's complete.