Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Default No faction assignment in quests

I was looking thru the quest parsers and could not find anything for assign faction changes from quests. For some reason I thought there was, and I put them in the quests I converted from Ethernalquest data.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

There is. The command is faction(<id>,<amount>) or in perl quest::faction(<id>,<amount>).
Old 12-22-2003, 04:28 AM
mollymillions
Hill Giant

I find that a sub will be ignored if it contains a faction command.

eg. quest::faction("10112","1");

Zone.exe does not give any errors (0.5.3-DR1).
Old 12-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Eglin
Hill Giant

The perl parser only officially supports the commands outlined in the new quest syntax sticky... I posted somewhere about how to add new commands, and gave the faction code as an example. The official release hasn't been updated, since I don't have cvs access.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Eglin
Hill Giant

Do a forum search for quest::faction... I posted somewhere on how to add it. The perl parser only officially supports the syntax given in the new quest format sticky (the best docs avaliable at the time). I've stopped updating the source, though, since I don't have cvs access and the alternative is too damn frustrating.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k
There is. The command is faction(<id>,<amount>) or in perl quest::faction(<id>,<amount>).
That is what I expected, but couldn't find a referance to quest::faction in the code. but granted I couldn't find a referance for the old qst faction command even though I used it when I coverted the ethernalquest quests months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglin
Yes, eqemu supports the notion of faction. You can use the $faction in quests to get faction standing. You can use the undocumented faction function in the native parser, or you can add a line like Code:
"sub faction{push(@cmd_queue,{func=>'faction',args=>joi n(',',@_)});}"
to the bottom of embparser.cpp and recompile to use it in your Perl quests. If I'm interpreting Wes's code correctly, then the appropriate syntax for the function is "faction(faction id, amount)"
hah! knew I didn't find it in the perl parser That and you didn't support it in your qst-to-pl perl script. Quick note on that perl conversion script, it seems to add an I at the ends of "if($text=~/name/i);" type statments and had ;; instead of ; at the end of everything was that intentional?

Ok, I request that someone get that line merged in to the CVS source.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Eglin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker_005
Quick note on that perl conversion script, it seems to add an I at the ends of "if($text=~/name/i);" type statments and had ;; instead of ; at the end of everything was that intentional?
Yeah. Easier to unconditionally slap on a ; than to check to see if one already exists. Perl doesn't care about ;;, so neither do I. If it really bothers you, just s/;+/;
Old 12-22-2003, 05:03 PM
mollymillions
Hill Giant

Can i formally request the enhancement from the DevTeam. i.e. Add

Code:
 "sub faction{push(@cmd_queue,{func=>'faction',args=>join(',',@_)});}"
to embparser.cpp

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:14 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I'll make sure it's available in 0.5.3