Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 12-23-2003, 03:29 AM
Muuss
Dragon

Sure, trying...

Well, the idea is to play in french, instead of english.

He saved his US files and patched his client to live (pre 12/18 ), french version to obtain the french files. After that they tried to replace spells_us by spell_fr, just be swaping the names, but its not working cause of the headers (i repeat, i havent tested id). So they wanna start to replace directly the text in the us file so they keep the right headers, or ask someone to make a tool that would do it automatically taking the fr file as source.

they also want to translate the DB, items and npc_types tables, i suppose, without naming any DB release or considering how long it ll be, and without caring of the upcoming updates.

I m trying to explain them that it won't be enough to have the game in french since the client will remain english and will keep receiving english messages from the server. I m telling (to the walls) that they will have to work on this too (like suggested by Kathgar).

Right now, he has the spell messages in french but crashes when he right clic a spell gem.

well, that's mostly what's done yet.

I don't like much posting in french on an english board, even if has for goal to shorten the discussion, sorry if its over the rules, btw that's why i suggested a foreign languages forum.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:37 AM
IntesstoMic
Sarnak

Default nop

Non c pas bon
Remplacer seulement l'en tete ne marche pas
Il ya bcp de diffrence......
Bref pas grave

Par contre Muuss il semble que tu soit impliquer dans les quetes d apres ce que je vois donc en fait, je pense que ces une priorite par rapport a mettre eq en fr hehe
D autant que je serai bien incapable a mon avis de bosse sur les quetes :). :o
Je sais meme pas comment ca marche :)

:!:
Old 12-23-2003, 03:39 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Hey, don't apologize for speaking your native tongue. Thanks for the update. There's nothing wrong with being born in a country that doesn't teach english. As long as you give us english updates from time to time, I don't care if it's in !!!!@555555555@@@#243###$$3$$ piku piku garbage. It's nice that someone is exploring into foreign languages, even if it's a bad idea right now.

Maybe later, when the database is mature and stable for a while and eqlive won't patch for six months like this, we can translate to french.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:40 AM
Muuss
Dragon

Si tu veux editer les fichiers spells pour voir reellement quelle forme ils ont, il te faut un editeur hexadecimal, notepad ca suffit pas. les caracteres des entetes sont probablement convertis en autre chose quand tu sauvegardes.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:53 AM
IntesstoMic
Sarnak

Default ohh

Thanks a_Guest03
If i can help.....
As Muuss tell you a foreign forum may be a good idea.

Muuss:
Yep ill can try an hex editor. Try to found one with some merge fonction.

A suivre... :idea:
Old 12-23-2003, 05:03 AM
IntesstoMic
Sarnak

Default YESSSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSS ! c bon
Bientot tout sera en french hehe Reste plus que la base de donnee mais ca c presque plus simple.........
Pour l'editeur hexa j ai rien trouver c'etait la meme entete ( par de car hex "cacher")

Donc voila il faut excel et word
1/
Prendre fichier spell_US l'ouvrir sous excel en txt
Type de donn
Old 12-23-2003, 05:41 AM
Muuss
Dragon

hahaha, quel bricolage :lol: mais bon, si ca marche
(hahaha, what a tinkerer!)

well, here comes the translatation of what IntesstoMic did :
_
open spell_us with excel, with char separator = ^, start at row 1, delimited fields and ANSI as file origin.

do the same with spell_fr.

copy/paste cols B/G/H/I from spell_fr to spell_us then save in RTF with tab as separator.

launch word, and open the RTF file, replace all tabs by ^^
replace french chars like é by e
save in spell_us.txt

and it works, spells messages are in french
_

i take no credit or responsability on this and advice people to do a backup copy of their files before modifying them.