Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-27-2004, 09:34 AM
wize_one
Dragon

hehe just a couple mins err hours of checking things.. and thats just what 5 zones...theres only 2?? to go? 8|
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
This man is a testing MACHINE !
Not to derail the thread, but do the Dev's have an official 'test script' that you use to test EQEmu before each release ? Might be useful to the 'code tinkerers' out there to thoroughly test our changes/fixes before submission ?
Old 01-27-2004, 09:40 AM
wize_one
Dragon

this is a thread about testing and working on a updated database release. would try the dev area for answers on your question.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wize_one
this is a thread about testing and working on a updated database release. would try the dev area for answers on your question.
Apologies ... I just saw Trumpcard talk about testing and thought my question was relevant ... I promise not to post off topic again
Old 01-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

In a word, no.. Would I like to have them? Of course! It would be tough to write scripted test cases for a client server app like this.. It would be nice to do some CUnit integration, but I dont think it would work very well in this case....
Old 01-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

The developers do release a DB used for 'tinkering' .. it's a fresh blank DB with only the structure of the DB required for EQEmulator.. it's called db.sql (typically packed with each offical release).

As to the content filled DBs developers use on public servers, those are all private and I'm pretty sure will always stay that way. The only DBs available are the ones found on the forum here in the Worldbuilding section, or others on EQEmulator fan pages.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:52 AM
wize_one
Dragon

Default surefall galde (aka qrg)

some moving bears out in normal area no mobs in caves.
========================

Hager Sureshot 107 89 3(merchant, empty)(i believe he's suposed to be ranger guildmaster)

Larsk Juton 250 -71 1(merchant, empty should be ranger GM)

Frannie -35 10 4(merchant, wrong texture)

door missing 111 -35 4

Gillarian Naelev 175 -34 4(should be ranger GM)

Errin Pinewhisper 173 -13 4(should be ranger GM)

Merona Castekin 134 -105 4(should be ranger GM)

Tonsia 123 -107 4(merchant, should have arrow making parts, fletching kit)

Bukem Breewood 107 -75 4(merchant, fine steel tonfa free, reinforced bamboo wakizashi bo free, reinforced bamboo tanto bo free, suposed to be spell vender)

Grathin Nilm 107 -84 4(merchant, studded tunic free, studded gloves free, reinforced skullcap free, reinforced tunic free, reinforced cloak free, reinforced gloves free, reinforced boots free)

Durvinna Barkkis 106 -105 4(merchant, cloak of the earth free, woven bark gloves free)

Vesteri Nomanoi -117 -297 1(should be druid GM)

Sallah -156 -285 1(merchant, reinforced cloak free, fine splinted cloak(x2))

Gerael Woodone -182 -399 1(should be druid GM, reporting as beastlord gm)

Te`Anara -198 -425 4(reporting as beastlord gm)

Salmekia Treherth -221 -429 4(should be druid GM)

portal to jaggedpine not working 37 -511 40
Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tertiary
do the Dev's have an official 'test script' that you use to test EQEmu before each release ? Might be useful to the 'code tinkerers' out there to thoroughly test our changes/fixes before submission ?
I test things on a test server with minilogon if they are "dangerous" and then move them to our server before they get posted/added to cvs... the undangerous stuff goes straight to our server for testing first.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:20 PM
Aquelin
Hill Giant

Get rid of twink-item selling merchant fewls plzkby.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:17 AM
diolas
Fire Beetle

Default What to include?

I'd very much like to help out, though I need to know the level of detail you're interested in. Is Wize_One's post a good example? Also, what kind of specifics do you need. For example, if I were to mention that a nesting rat is missing at x, y co-ordinates would you know the details of that mob or would I need to give it? I'm interested in doing the Qeynos Catacombs as I've spent more hours there than any other single zone in EQ.

At any rate, I'm going to start compiling information and I'll check back here later to see what specifics you request.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:19 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

It is an all-around general type of thing. You use the db and load your eq client. Once in-game, you spend your time testing everything out. Check spawn placement (yes, even npcs facing walls is something that is worth fixing), check if spawns are spawned in the air/on top of one another... see if zonepoints are bringing you where they should.. stuff like that. There is no real method to fixing a db... it's a trial-and-error sort of thing.

I'd suggest using mysql-front (or any other sql editor that gives you sql queries for everything you change) ... then whenever you make a change, copy the sql query down below into a text file, and comment each query with what it changes/does.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:33 AM
diolas
Fire Beetle

Ok, sounds good.
One last question, i need to have a link to the DB. I've got so many DB's loaded on my server right now it's hard to know which is which. I apologize ahead of time for requesting this as I know I'll probably get flamed for it.

Tell you what, here's a list of my DB's right now. You can let me know which ones to use.

0.5.2-update.sql
db.sql
dumpeditems.sql
jan24.sql
notes.sql
spawns.sql
tradeskill_arcaneorder.sql
tradeskill_rotlc.sql
tradeskills.sql

Thanks in advance
Old 01-29-2004, 08:48 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Basically , if you grab the last release of MW DB, 052_053_alpha2 and source it, then the Jan24Update.sql you'll be running about the same as I have on the test server right now.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:18 AM
diolas
Fire Beetle

Ok, I'll give that a try. I have played on the test server for a bit already. A few things I noted:
- Low lvl mobs have way too much hp. Lvl 1 mobs were giving me a hard time at lvl 2. I'm pretty sure it's not the damage output, just the number of hp's they have.

- Need to fix the safe co-ordinates for qeynos aqueducts. The current one makes you die when you pop in at some times. I'll get you the exact co-ordinates to use for each zone in tonight or tomorrow.

- Starting Human Sk's in Qeynos (bertox) need starting gear as well as the Necros.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
haloboycs
Sarnak

Merchants
East Cabilis - Smithy Zern (empty)
East Cabilis - Drill Master Vygan (wasnt he suppose to be Warrior GM?)
East Cabilis - Drill Master Kyg (another Trainer GM?)
West Cabilis - Visar Glolith (empty)

GM Trainers
West Cabilis - Ton of robed Iksar are Enchanter GM (theres no Iksar Enchanter combination, so i assume its all necro GM)

Items
Wand of Filth - no atk/dly on it but effect : combat??? (no clicky?)
Potion of Greater Rejuvenation - combat
Potion of Negation - combat
Potion of Insight - combat
Potion of Charming Deceit - combat
Potion of Troll's Essence - combat
Potion of Frosty Insurgery - combat
Potion of Gnomish Boils - combat
Potion of Fleeting Lanquor - combat
Potion of Copal's Demise - combat
Potion of Assailing - combat
Potion of Graveyard Dust - combat
Potion of Soluan's Vigor - combat
Potion of Corpse Retrevial - combat and wrong class/race? (mag / hum eru hie def gnm)

*dang crashed zoning from WCab to ECab, i'll get more later*