Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 04-18-2002, 01:56 PM
Ogrt48
Fire Beetle

Default Where is everyone?

Well, I managed to get the game today. I joined one of the servers and it said 15 next to it, I'm taking this to be how many players are on it. Is there a way to find the other people on the server or talk to them? I wandered around for an hour and never saw anyone else.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:22 PM
_OZZY_
Hill Giant

The 15 is not the number of players...it is the number of zone servers. A server may have 15 zones, yet only 1 player. It's not that uncommon.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:56 PM
ibleet
Hill Giant

Aye....and just do the standard command "/who all" to see if you are alone or not.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Ogrt48
Fire Beetle

Ok thanks, I didn't know about the commands since I never played the game before.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Elemental
Fire Beetle

If you just purchased EverQuest, I'd recommend you use your 30 free days and learn the basics of the game. It will save you a lot of trouble, along with people running the servers and such.

It will be infinitely more difficult to not only understand the emulator, but also appreciate it, if you have not played the real EverQuest at least some.

Go, play real EQ for your thirty days, maybe even subscribe. Then at some point, try the emu and break all those rules you had to follow while playing EQ Live.

Best analogy I can come up with is using cheat codes for a game the day you get it. Learn to appreciate the game itself first before you jump to level 60 and give yourself the best equipment the game has to offer.

Ahh well, my opinion.