Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:31 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Default GuildWars Changes

GuildWars is updating tommorow night, lvls 51-55 will be added along with new content which will be discovered shortly after the update. EQEMu is currently not compatible with live, if you need an EQFix get it from http://www.soulblighters.com/eqfix.rar. Hope to see everyone there (I have yet again made improvements to the netcode, woo) :P
Old 05-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Drewfus
Sarnak

Default Could you look into why lvl 30 stop getting exp??

Ever since I have made lvl 30 I have not been able to get exp. I am in a guild but still no exp. If it is something I am doing wrong please let me know. I asked a few others on and they were all the same way. Kinda hard to PVP when you cant get to a decent level. And what is with all the groups of 50 killing lone lvl 30?? Weak!!! I get you back soon!!! :twisted:
Old 05-08-2004, 02:33 PM
w1ntermute
Fire Beetle

btw your server f****** rocks =)
nice stability and db!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:02 PM
KhaN
Dragon

Its me, or an admin is posting warez ...
Nothing against image, but seeing EQEmu admins flaming "newbies" for asking EQ files and seeing an eqemu admin posting a link with EQ files, is ... LMAO.

Old 05-09-2004, 02:45 AM
Gossamer
Sarnak

Ya know, I was going to say that last night. Others get flamed, banned, etc for even mentioning warez, but its ok when the admin posts them? Not very kewl or fair guys!! Make your policy for all to follow (ADMINS INCLUDED) or just throw them out the window.

BTW, as I understood it you wanted people to never mention warez or post them on here to keep the eyes of Sony's lawyers out of our fun. By posting that .rar file you are just inviting them to dinner. DUH!!
Old 05-09-2004, 07:54 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

I made the rules I can bend the rules :P
Old 05-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Lasiel
Hill Giant

Yeah, cause we all know image is the entire dev team.

/sarcasm off

If you're going to have rules, especially when it comes to warez and the possibility os SOE getting on your case, it seems rather stupid to 'bend' the rules wouldn't you say?
Old 05-09-2004, 09:20 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Well they haven't complained yet *shrugs*, and if other people on the dev team aren't comfortable with what I have posted they can contact me.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:21 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

This makes baby Jesus cry....
Old 05-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Gossamer
Sarnak

Quote:
I made the rules I can bend the rules
Thats just a way of saying I can do what I want, but I want control over the rest of you. Dont make ANY rules if they dont apply to everyone, especially someone involved with the team. I would be surprised to hear the other devs are comfortable with what you have done considering the constant flaming of others when even mentioning wares. You put those files up there because you want people to play on your little server. Frankly I think you should reconsider what you did and even talk with the other devs, im sure they would agree with the community that you made a mistake in posting those files.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:26 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexChaos
I agree with Rex. The person(s) who enforce the rules need to follow them just as much as us schmoes, if not more.

You probably don't give a damn about my opinion of you image, but I'm disappointed in you. . .
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:22 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenune
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexChaos
I agree with Rex. The person(s) who enforce the rules need to follow them just as much as us schmoes, if not more.

You probably don't give a damn about my opinion of you image, but I'm disappointed in you. . .
/agree
Old 05-10-2004, 04:34 AM
Gossamer
Sarnak

Agreed! Of all people he should be the one to enforce the rules, not break em.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:08 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Ok, want me to leave the project, il leave, I have a ton of other things I can do.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:14 AM
devn00b
Demi-God

We had a debate about eq.fixx0r.rar a while back and it was decided that if a 3rd party wish's to host it fine...we cant stop them.

I am hosting the warez files. Im giving them out freely in irc. If sony wants to toss me a C&D I will stop hosting them. Im trying to do a nice thing for the player base of EQEMu.

omg gasp /dev/n00b can be a nice guy!

I'll be removing the files soon thanks to this thread.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server