Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-03-2004, 06:21 AM
Syst3moverload
Fire Beetle

Default Since the latest patch...

Ok, so heres the deal: I used to be a big player on EQ Emulator and now i am trying to play it and I patched up to the current patch and did all the steps to make it work and when i went to log in i typed both my username and pw into the slots and then it just crashed to the desktop friends of mine have had the same stuff happening to them im wondering if EQEmu just isnt working now or what. Thanks in advance for any help and hopefully nobody posted the same thing i looked quickly as that was all time would permit.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:02 AM
Syst3moverload
Fire Beetle

Default oops

i messed around and got it to work yay! but now i have another question... are there any non-legit/semi-legit servers that work whenever i log in from the server select screen on such servers as Benden Weyr it goes back to login screen saying it needs the latest patch or something even though its patched
Old 06-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Derision
Developer

If you have the latest patch, you can only login to servers that have 5.7DR4 at the start of their name.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:08 AM
Syst3moverload
Fire Beetle

are there any non legit or semi legit that are that 5.7DR4?
Old 06-05-2004, 08:52 AM
hypershadow66
Banned

Default Please

Someone make a Non-Legit, please! i tried to make my server but an error keeps coming up and im done trying today. someone else setup a non-legit server for us "patched" people
Old 06-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Virus11
Discordant

I think non-legit shouldn't be allowed, its so lazy to play on a non-legit server instead of taking the time to level your character and earn your levels. As for patching, why would you patch if you wanted to play non-legit and they didn't work?

Old 06-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Dave987
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
I think non-legit shouldn't be allowed, its so lazy to play on a non-legit server instead of taking the time to level your character and earn your levels.
I agree - when your brand new to EQEmu , sure , having a level 65 Druid and going to punch Innoruk to death is great fun - for about 5 minutes. Why are Non-Legit so much fun? It's crap!

Always the same thing - log in , #level 65 , #si blah blah blah , #gm on , #flymode 1 . #invul 1 , #zone potimeb , #kill blah

Fun ? ...
Old 06-06-2004, 05:08 AM
wrench
Fire Beetle

Default Re: oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syst3moverload
i messed around and got it to work yay! but now i have another question... are there any non-legit/semi-legit servers that work whenever i log in from the server select screen on such servers as Benden Weyr it goes back to login screen saying it needs the latest patch or something even though its patched
what did you mess around with to get it to work?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:46 AM
aefon
Fire Beetle

this happening to me i dont know what to do ....when i sign in i get the crash to desktop after hitting enter after puttin gin SN / SW.....figuring it has something to do with the new interface for signing in??
Old 06-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus
I think non-legit shouldn't be allowed
Are you serious ?

Granted, you and many others may find playing on a non-legit server boring, or pointless, but that is besides the point.

You really think that people should be barred from exercising their freedom of choice to create a non-legit server or to play on one ?

Some people just want to 'goof around' for an hour or two rather than invest time 'earning their levels' ... do you really think that 'shouldn't be allowed' ?

Old 06-06-2004, 08:37 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

I think playing legit shouldn't be allowed.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Dave987
Discordant

I think people saying "I think x shouldn't be allowed" shouldn't be allowed ...
Old 06-07-2004, 03:21 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Yeah? Well I think that 'I think people saying "I think x shouldn't be allowed" shouldn't be allowed' shouldn't be allowed!

Whaddya think of THAT Dave??!?

/me runs for the hills screaming at the top of his lungs
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:57 AM
animepimp
Dragon

Yeah well I think that using letters in posts should be banned so that we don't have to read all this anymore. :P

/-\ |\| | |\/| |= |> | |\/| |>

Old 06-10-2004, 05:58 AM
NeoMandalore
Fire Beetle

I love how intolerant legit players are about things that don't affect them. I play legit characters on one of the servers here, but if anything is boring it's the endless battles just to get to the next level or make a couple plat. The only thing I really enjoy are quests, new skills, exploring the world and owning any mobs that jump me along the way, but in order to do that you've got to be x level so I plug away fight after boring fight getting far less plat and skill ups than I should for my time, but hey it's free so I'll do it for now.