Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-31-2004, 07:22 AM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

we could make a new "expansion",is anyone interested?we would need to make a good team and code it.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

Yes please do write a tutorial, right now im working on a temple-like dungeon, its easy to use for me cause im used to the UT editor wich is kinda like it with a few differences. If i can get a good host ill put up some pics of it..
Old 07-31-2004, 08:49 PM
Xan
Fire Beetle

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/xan0/q3-eq.html

There is a quick tutorial that covers just the process of how to do it. I didnt mention much on how to use Radiant because i provided linkes to better tutorials specificly for Radiant. I guess if you got any other questions post em up and i'll see what i can do.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:28 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

Nice tutorial, all i gotta do now is just finnish my work =)
Old 08-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Xan
Fire Beetle

Im interested to see what your work looks like Shadow-Wolf, so I have an idea of what the compition looks like :P post some screens when ya can
Old 08-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

I dont have a way to host my work or images so it will be a while, plus I dont have 3dsmax anymore so i cant convert it yet. You dont have much competition, The whole dungeon is made out of one texture rofl,
Its has currently 19 rooms, one of them is a huge sphere with a bridge leading to 2 different rooms. I must admit though to me it looks pretty damn sweet although its made with one texture....
Old 08-01-2004, 11:29 AM
killspree
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofruben
we could make a new "expansion",is anyone interested?we would need to make a good team and code it.
I could offer help with content design. I'll be the first to admit that zone design isn't my best area currently.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:40 PM
KhaN
Dragon

There is no way actually to do an expansion, before do an ewpansion, you would have to do a new client, or hardcore zoneproxy to eqemu so all would be able to use the expansion.

Also for me, what is needed for EQ isnt really expansion, but more an old wolrd zones redesign.

Old 08-01-2004, 07:03 PM
killspree
Dragon

Yeah I agree that there isn't really need for an expansion with the number of zones. It would be something to think about though if the freaku client is completed and released.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:57 PM
killspree
Dragon

Hey xan, I have a question. I did all the importing from q3 format to vrml etc, and the floor of my zone extends places where it actually isn't...which makes it hard for me to put in areas lower than other areas of the zone. Any idea what's causing it?