Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-13-2004, 09:57 AM
racerxdl
Fire Beetle

Default Programming for Trilogy

How Desenvolpers have make the login server? if i know i can make a server for new versions (Login Server, think not need the others files)
Old 08-13-2004, 10:17 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

what the fuck? come again?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:39 AM
hypershadow66
Banned

Default Re: Programming for Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxdl
How Desenvolpers have make the login server? if i know i can make a server for new versions (Login Server, think not need the others files)
Does this mean, you think you canmake a login server for the latest patch?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:43 PM
daeken_bb
Discordant

Yet another person making yet another login server just to work with the latest patch is assinine in my opinion. If the developers that have been working with it for years can't figure it out, and you can't figure out how to _start_, what makes you think that you'll be able to pull it off?

Check out my deviantART page at http://daeken.deviantart.com/
Old 08-14-2004, 03:49 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

well the real question is why bother...
with the 8-11-04 patch... the login server stuff is still the same, but man is the client fucked, they changed a lot of packets..

so you cant even patch to live anymore, and I dont know what the point of fixing it for the new client will be since they will prolly release launchpad before it gets fixed...

just my negative oppinion after looking at the new patch
Old 08-21-2004, 01:49 AM
racerxdl
Fire Beetle

i cant get a other client, the sony site dont have... i dont know where i download old client, if i know i play in old
Old 08-21-2004, 03:30 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxdl
i cant get a other client, the sony site dont have... i dont know where i download old client, if i know i play in old
Please tell me you don't speak english.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:12 AM
racerxdl
Fire Beetle

ok ok.. i dont know english :P i am brazilian... In the site of Sony (Everquest) have the trilogy version, but i cant download the old version.. i need a link for old version...
Old 08-21-2004, 04:35 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
well the real question is why bother...
with the 8-11-04 patch... the login server stuff is still the same, but man is the client fucked, they changed a lot of packets..

so you cant even patch to live anymore, and I dont know what the point of fixing it for the new client will be since they will prolly release launchpad before it gets fixed...

just my negative oppinion after looking at the new patch
Actually you can patch to live still if you use a patch. Basically what I did was take the uifiles directory, rendereffects directory, and all the .exe and .dll files from a working eq directory and I copied them to a newly patched eq. It works.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:48 PM
racerxdl
Fire Beetle

i dont have a working version... i can connect to login server, but (5.7) when i connect to a World i disconnect... i need patch my trilogy?
Old 08-27-2004, 01:01 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

dude you cant play just give up