Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 02:43 AM
racerxdl
Fire Beetle

Default Where i download the Everquest?

Where i download the Everquest? Can someone post a link?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:51 AM
Magika
Fire Beetle

i believe thats asking for warez.. and it isnt allowed
Old 08-21-2004, 02:52 AM
racerxdl
Fire Beetle

... not ware... on the site of Sony have the Trilogy for download, but trilogy dont work with the current server...
Old 08-21-2004, 03:05 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

This is considered warez.

Don't ask for it. End of story. Any relevant links provided here will result in the offender being banned with prejudice.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:37 AM
bbum
Banned

trilogy dont work with the current server.. wtf are you talking about just click everquest.exe it patches
Old 08-21-2004, 04:04 AM
Jett
Fire Beetle

It is consitered warez to download what is given away for free? ok lol, no link posting from me
Old 08-21-2004, 04:32 AM
CHowell2005
Hill Giant

i am also confused about this...posting the direct link to sonys site would be against forum rules?
Old 08-21-2004, 04:38 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
1) No Warez (No discussion or providing of warez). Warez is any file that has been obtained without purchase from the company or a legitimate vendor, or without the sole permission of the owner or company. It is considered illegal and is not permitted on these forums. This includes and any all EQ files and also means that you may NOT ask, give out, host, or in any other way promote the distribution of these files. This includes but is not limited to: the EQ patcher, eqgame.exe, eqmain.dll, spdat.eff, cshome.s3d, cshome_chr.s3d, or ANY file downloaded with the SOE EQ Patcher (AKA everquest.exe) with the exeption of files that can be re-created within 10 seconds by hand (this means eqhost.txt is okay).

*NOTE* Downloading the EQ Files off the Sony FTP Site is not a legal question to ask here. That is for if you are buying their service, not to play here. Giving out this link will get your thread erased and yourself banned.
Rule #1 of the forum, guess we know who hasnt read the rules now huh?
Old 08-21-2004, 04:45 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

He wasn't talking about Trilogy, he was talking about a compatible version of EQ for EQEmu.

Try to read more than the first post in a thread.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:52 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin
He wasn't talking about Trilogy, he was talking about a compatible version of EQ for EQEmu.

Try to read more than the first post in a thread.
WTF are you talking about? I DID read more then the first post, try reading YOUR responce and the responces that came after yours.

jeeze dud you having a blond moment or something?
Old 08-21-2004, 05:16 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHowell2005
i am also confused about this...posting the direct link to sonys site would be against forum rules?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett
It is consitered warez to download what is given away for free? ok lol, no link posting from me
Stop assuming I'm talking to you if my reply makes no sense in the context of your post, mattmeck (I'm talking to you now. My post makes sense in the context of your own. Get it?).
Old 08-21-2004, 05:20 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin
This is considered warez.

Don't ask for it. End of story. Any relevant links provided here will result in the offender being banned with prejudice.
There posts were in direct responce to your ealier post, so your whole secocond post makes no sence :lol:

But you ne da boss so you win.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:15 PM
CHowell2005
Hill Giant

we're not worthy! we're not worthy!
Old 08-22-2004, 01:53 AM
Nafeasonto
Fire Beetle

Do you guys think you are being monitored by the government, holy shit if it's that much of a big deal, instead of arguing about it, JUST LOCK THE THREAD. Do what all moderators do!

Naf
Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 AM
Zephynx
Fire Beetle

Is there a major reason that the trilogy won't work with the current server? Do you just have to have the regular version for it to work?