Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-23-2004, 05:58 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Default Launchpad Removed from Test Server?

Today, I went in my patched EverQuest Folder, where Launchpad was installed for TestEverQuest.exe. I opened up TestEverQuest because I wanted to get another look at the launchpad.

Old Patcher Opened.

But I still saw Launchpad.exe, so I ran that the way I was told to so it will run the EverQuest Launchpad Version.

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\Launchpad.exe" /game:everquest

Launchpad starts patching itself with "EQModule_delta.dll"

Once it downloaded, I was expecting Launchpad to open...

It didn't. The old patcher launched. I then tried a few more things. I never got launchpad to work with Everquest. Also, just launchpad itself with no parameters does not have EverQuest as a selection. (Never did nor was supposed to, just saying.)

I think it may be down for repairs, or, if we're lucky, they are stopping the EQ-Launchpad.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

That's awesome.

Let's hope it lasts
Old 08-23-2004, 08:17 AM
joshuaes
Sarnak

That is really cool, and i also hope it lasts, but on the everquest website they say on the page before the link
Quote:
Launchpad comes to Test Server
No, really, I mean it this time.
Then the link http://eqlive.station.sony.com/commu...w.jsp?id=63168 I dunno whats gonna happen, but it looks like SOE is really into this thing. But i got my fingers crossed.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Raddiux
Sarnak

They might have taken it offline to fix some bugs. But you can pretty much bet that its coming, like it or not. There is no real reason for them NOT to use launchpad, considering like all their other games use it.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddiux
They might have taken it offline to fix some bugs. But you can pretty much bet that its coming, like it or not. There is no real reason for them NOT to use launchpad, considering like all their other games use it.
Thats why I said it COULD be down for repairs, but they removed the parameter /game:everquest which was available even before any news on everquestlive.com...so...
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Today the EQLive patcher got a new Omens of War skin and Launchpad EverQuest is still unaccessable. This is REALLY getting me excited.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:35 PM
Magika
Fire Beetle

just a shot in the dark.. but they could be staying with the old patcher until omens bugs are fixed (you know there will be lots), that way theyre cutting down chances of the patcher not working, people not getting expansion files.. etc, because whenever they implement something theres always problems :P
Old 08-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Would they bother to make a new skin for a patcher they were going to replace? Eh, not sure. It brought my hopes up, though.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Scorpx725
Discordant

It will probably be a little while before Launchpad is moved to live. With OOW comming out and all.

Besides, Im sure we'll get a warning before its moved to live, so the Emu people/Team has time to prepare and what not.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Mrwalsh
Sarnak

Maybe I'm missing something.

Why would we get a warning like that?

But hey, I'm back, finally!
Old 08-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Well normally on the site they tell you whats comming up in the up comming patches. And maybe in a patch before itll say somethink like "Next patch expect the new Sony feature Paunchpad!'
Old 08-26-2004, 05:00 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwalsh
Maybe I'm missing something.

Why would we get a warning like that?
I think he means by the EQEMu people.

Quote:
Well normally on the site they tell you whats comming up in the up comming patches. And maybe in a patch before itll say somethink like "Next patch expect the new Sony feature Paunchpad!'
Problem is the patcher doesnt patch itself to launchpad in the scan so chances are they wont have a patch message it will just appear one day.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:18 AM
killspree
Dragon

By warning he means there will be an update on the EQLive website about the patcher going live prior to it doing so, so that everyone knows it's being changed and what to expect. They've done this with all major changes that have been made, graphics engine, new ui, etc.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Mrwalsh
Sarnak

Hehe my apologies, I read that in the wrong context.

But hey, I'm back, finally!