Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:00 AM
Celestial
Sarnak

Default Certain classes crashing or not loading.

I play on the PEQ The Grand Creation server and ive encountered a problem with certain classes crashing or taking an exceeding long time to load when zoning and possibly timing out.

I've discussed this with a few people and it seems fairly strange but in both instances it seemed to happen around level 39 with both of my characters. One is a level 57 Shaman now and the other is a level 39 Wizard that ive given up on for the moment. I was thinking it may be possible that certain spells could be causing this or maybe the amount of spells in the spell book would cause this because all 5 of my other characters are melee types save for one that is a bard (and as far as im concerned bards songs are spells) that is level 25.

I've gone so far as to totally recreate my shaman from scratch and getting a scribespell and some armor summoned by GM's and all and the problem persisted with my shaman. Until recently did i really get agravated after trying to log on my wizard for over a half hour and even getting movechars and nothing worked, just can't log my wizard in. My shaman takes a long time to load but it will occasionally load and i can play her fine up until i zone and then she crashes and i just log her in again and its fine.

Now i have a level 59 warrior, 56 monk, 25 bard, 20 shadowknight, 20 rogue and all... each of them if i count as soon as i click enter world from char select, i can count to 10 and they are usually in the world if not before that. But my shaman and wizard, just will either time out after 5 minutes or will either enter the world eventually. The shaman is on its own account, along with 4 other charcters that ive twinked out and those zone quicker than i can count on my fingers. The wizard is on the same account as my melee classes and they all zone as fast save for the wizard.

My question is, has anyone encountered this problem? Just to give more information, it has happened to me before on other servers such as Scorpious2k and Darkblade's server at one point. I have also spoken to 3 other people and they have given up on their character because the same thing has happened. They were 2 cleric class and shaman.

Im just curious what some people have to say about this, i know that to fix it, its probably as proverbial as the needle in a hay stack.