Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-16-2004, 02:57 PM
wolfcrygod
Fire Beetle

Default Black screen after char select screen

Right after I choose my char and click enter world it goes to the loading screen after that it then goes black plz post back if anyone knows how to fix this
Old 10-16-2004, 03:02 PM
joshuaes
Sarnak

yeah i got the same.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:39 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

patch to live again. i had this issue i patched it was fixed
Old 10-16-2004, 08:56 PM
joshuaes
Sarnak

but wont that break dr.2?
Old 10-17-2004, 03:10 AM
zephyr325
Hill Giant

Tried that - no luck. I can go all the way into the real everquest, but any other 6.0DR1 server I try to go into (not just my own) I get the black screen.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:29 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I have the same problem, and so far the pattern I have found is if I enter the world in a populated zone, I hang at the black screen but if I enter the world in am empty zone I get in just fine. Once I am in-world, however I can zone anywhere I want included popped zones. In the meantime, I have just been leaving my chars in pok (only up to Luclin is popped in my db) so its easier when I want to log back in.
I believe Sotonin is correct, many times if you patch or even start a fresh install this type of problem goes away. In my case, however it did not so I am thinking there may be many problems that unfortunately exhibit the same symptom.