Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

View Poll Results: Who Would you vote For?
Kerry 32 40.51%
Bush 29 36.71%
nader.... *sigh* 18 22.78%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2004, 07:07 PM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Well, I missed debate. Was working my great job created by this booming economy, (**cough** less than half what I should be at with my training..) But cnn says kerry won this one too..

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...oll/index.html
Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_addict_08
Well, I missed debate. Was working my great job created by this booming economy, (**cough** less than half what I should be at with my training..) But cnn says kerry won this one too..

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...oll/index.html
CNN always goes for Kerry.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

My problem with Kerry, especially in the debates is that he never says what HE will do. He is always like "This administration has failed the american people, blah, blah blah" (I wonder how many times he said that in the last debate). In fact in almost every issue that was asked about during the debates, he blamed on Pres Bush, but he never said how he would fix it. He just says stuff like "I have a plan to fix medicare", "I will create new jobs", "I wont raise middle class's taxes", and "I will stop talking like a jackass and actually answer a question to the point". How is he going to do all the stuff he promised? I wonder if he even knows how he will keep his election promises if he wins. If you watch the debates (I recorded the last one), he never describes any of his plans in detail, which might be caused by the fact that his "plans" are nothing more than quick ways to grab votes and have no substance....
Old 10-14-2004, 06:55 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898
My problem with Kerry, especially in the debates is that he never says what HE will do. He is always like "This administration has failed the american people, blah, blah blah" (I wonder how many times he said that in the last debate). In fact in almost every issue that was asked about during the debates, he blamed on Pres Bush, but he never said how he would fix it. He just says stuff like "I have a plan to fix medicare", "I will create new jobs", "I wont raise middle class's taxes", and "I will stop talking like a jackass and actually answer a question to the point". How is he going to do all the stuff he promised? I wonder if he even knows how he will keep his election promises if he wins. If you watch the debates (I recorded the last one), he never describes any of his plans in detail, which might be caused by the fact that his "plans" are nothing more than quick ways to grab votes and have no substance....
Yes I agree. I quote something I heard on the radio, "I'd be happy to listen to Kerry's plans if he would say them...and he better start soon."
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:10 AM
VivaLaBam
Fire Beetle

Bush :(
Kerry :(
Conan O'Brian
Old 10-14-2004, 12:01 PM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaBam
Bush :(
Kerry :(
Conan O'Brian
ain't that the truth...

btw i like neither one of these canidates and cannot wait till either bush or kerry is done in 4 years....

but then we have hillary on our hands, ill be sure to start another post on that election........................
devil women
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Member of "Free DarkOne from his solitude and deban him from IRC"

Old 10-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
but then we have hillary on our hands, ill be sure to start another post on that election........................
devil women
Curse you for saying the Devil's true name.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:25 PM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Default adgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Quote:
devil women
Curse you for saying the Devil's true name.
it must be heard... :(
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Member of "Free DarkOne from his solitude and deban him from IRC"

Old 10-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Daeklaz
Sarnak

DEATH TO ALL WHO VOTE FOR KERRY ... DEATH TO ALL

and a happy new year
Old 10-19-2004, 12:03 PM
XxMadHatterxX
Fire Beetle

That was a little...Nevermind.

Bush projected the same amount of money we now no longer own. Except for those in the top 1% of the country. =\.

The scarriest thing about the man is...DOMA(Defense of Marriage Act). I want one factual reason Same-Sex marriage should be banned. I don't see any reason for it. Please, if someone knows a factual legitimate reason why Same-Sex Marriage should be banned, inform me. Educate me. Any reason...Aside from anything stated in any religion. The only reason I see Same-Sex marriage banned is because of religious reasons. Whatever happened to seperation of church and state? ::shrugs::

Don't get me wrong, Kerry's no better. He's just as big a fool as Bush'll ever be, neither of them are the right choice to lead this country. I'm voting for Kerry, only because...well...I hate this, I've always hated this, this is a terrible reason to vote for someone but right now is not the time to be voting for Nader...(::laughs hysterically:: Man that was funny shit...) But Kerry is the lesser of two evils. ::Sighs:: I know, I know. Cliche.

That whole Dick Cheney's Daughter thing? BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION. You're not the only parents with a homosexual child.

As for Fox News...::Sighs:: If "267 DAYS 'TIL PRESIDENT BUSH IS RE-ELECTED" isn't partisan, I don't know what is. And Bill O'Reiley, man don't get me star--

Bill O'Reiley: "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! CUT HIS MIC! PULL THE PLUG FROM THE CPU! SHUT UP!"

Edit: Oh, By the way...John Kerry looks like a muppet...&lt;.&lt;...>.>
Old 10-19-2004, 12:20 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

bush for prez
Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
I want one factual reason Same-Sex marriage should be banned. I don't see any reason for it. Please, if someone knows a factual legitimate reason why Same-Sex Marriage should be banned, inform me. Educate me.
Id be EVER so glad to do so. Same-sex couples cannot procreate. Not by nature, not by science, nothing. The minute they can, then I'd be fine. I know that marrage isnt soley for procreation, however, allowing same-sex marrage would be promoting an unnatural communion that should not be supported.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:39 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

dont agree on the marriage thing. If you like sticking ur wang in some other guy it's your business. and as long as you both love each other it's none of the government's concern if you want to get married. You can argue all you want,. but seperation of church and state is what it boils down too. There's no reason for gays NOT to get married, nothing thats not based on religion.

Quote:
unnatural communion
who are you to say what's natural and un-natural?

Quote:
Same-sex couples cannot procreate. Not by nature, not by science, nothing
Women can still get pregnant, ever hear of a little thing in SCIENCE called Artificial Insemination?

As for guys, guess how many orphans there are that need adopting. quite a few. Your points are all invalid. Marriage was never about having children per-say, it's about finding somebody you love and want to spend the rest of your life with, same sex or not.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:48 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
dont agree on the marriage thing. If you like sticking ur wang in some other guy it's your business. and as long as you both love each other it's none of the government's concern if you want to get married. You can argue all you want,. but seperation of church and state is what it boils down too. There's no reason for gays NOT to get married, nothing thats not based on religion.

Quote:
unnatural communion
who are you to say what's natural and un-natural?
Nature?

Quote:
Quote:
Same-sex couples cannot procreate. Not by nature, not by science, nothing
Women can still get pregnant, ever hear of a little thing in SCIENCE called Artificial Insemination?
Wheres the semen coming from? Not the other partner.

Quote:
As for guys, guess how many orphans there are that need adopting. quite a few.
Right, but that doesnt mean they need to get married by law.
Quote:
Your points are all invalid. Marriage was never about having children per-say, it's about finding somebody you love and want to spend the rest of your life with, same sex or not.
And I said that. "I know that marrage isnt soley for procreation" Do I think they should get more rights? Yes. Do I think they should be able to get married? No.

I would usually type out a longer arguement to this, but ill get to it tomorrow when I have more time and energy.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:18 PM
XxMadHatterxX
Fire Beetle

I'm sorry for not understand where you're coming from, Cisyouc. I still don't understand or see a reason why not. If someone wishes to profess their love in the eyes of their god - or wishes to have their union be blessed by that of their gods, why shouldn't they be married? And as for under the law - why not? If heterosexual couples are allowed to be married under law than why not homosexual couples? Aren't all men created equal? Aren't we all entitled to the pursuit of happiness?

Sotonin: who are you to say what's natural and un-natural?
Cisyouc: Nature?

If nature is the deciding factor of what's natural and unnatural (Which I completly agree, it is. It is nature...so obviously -- nevermind.) Then why isn't it natural? Artificial insemination may not be natural, but why is Same-Sex marriage unnatural? I still don't understand, sorry. Please explain.