Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 06:35 PM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Are you patched up to date? That still doesnt work for me. It just gives me a blank server list as well.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:19 PM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Just noticed something.......it doesnt matter if I put my password in correctly or not. I can type in some random letters like adkfjaidfka and it logs me in the exact same as if I use my correct pass. Wondering if its even reconizing me or what.....
Old 11-03-2004, 08:49 PM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Christ this thing hates me. I uninstalled EQ then COMPLTLY deleted EVERY File I had relating to EQ to make a complete whipe of the game.

Reinstalled and tried setting the game up without patching since someone made it sound like it worked for them that way.......didnt for me. Tried patching but not advanced patching........still no go.....finally did advanced as well.....still it hates me. Iv probally spent 30+ hours trying to get this to work now and it just doesnt want to go.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:37 AM
THC-used
Fire Beetle

it should work now for ya magus. works for me. make shure you have the 3 main things. EQhost.txt file or for me, just "eqhost"*but it is a txt file* your shortcut to eqGAME.exe *must be game, otherwise you will patch over your changes you made to the host file* and updated to live, should b fine after that
Old 11-04-2004, 05:28 AM
Wein_C
Fire Beetle

Sorry if I was being unclear; I patched under the advance setting but not the scorpion2K patch.

Port is newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994 and only other change was the short-cut. Everything else is untouched after the EQLive patching.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:45 AM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Well its still not working for me.....hehe first to have the problem last to have it fixed........

I am patched to live compltly including the advanced options(though still dont know about this UI and Help stuff).

My EQHost.txt is set to

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

And my shortcut is set to
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Iv honestly been working on this for over a week now and tried all these things multiple times. When I have it set how it currently is it brings me to a blank server page. And as I said it doesnt care if I use my real log in info or some random charcters.........
Old 11-04-2004, 09:16 AM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Just tried it the exact way you did. I uninstalled and everything to make it a fresh start. Get the log in error message.........

Edit: OMG! Checked my alt acount and that one works! Got a server list finally! Scorp and fates Destiny arnt listed though and those are the 2 I want to play on........im gonna try running one of their patchers....scared this is gonna mess it up.......
Old 11-04-2004, 09:25 AM
hypershadow66
Banned

ok 1 other thing, your eq files are most likely not going to be the problem. so uninstalling and reinstalling and patching will only waste your time.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:36 AM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

............arg not working again......the fates patcher wouldnt even run it just kept crashing on me.......went back to log into server and it wont let me in again even though my EQHost.txt and patcher target is exact same as before.........
Old 11-04-2004, 11:37 AM
MSIMagus18
Sarnak

Yes! Finally got them all working! Now just to find if I want to play Scorp or Fates Destiny.....leaning FD since it sounds more solo friendly.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:46 AM
Pinedepain
Fire Beetle

Default Login problems

I created my account today and it doesn't work, i got the same problems that the others. If any admin can fix it plz

Account name = Pinedepain
(yes, the same name that the forum account)

Thx admins !
Old 11-11-2004, 04:42 AM
Ukognid
Fire Beetle

Default Same Problem

I also just created an account today, patched to live and I'm experiencing the same problem.

My account name is: Ukognid (same as forum accnt...just like the last guy)

Hope you guys figure out the problem soon cuz it must be a pain having to individually fix each new account. Good luck and thanks admins!
Old 11-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Desuka
Fire Beetle

I am getting the same problem as everyone here...

login account: Patlabor24

If you could fix it please, would be greatly appreciated ^_^
Old 11-21-2004, 01:23 PM
semihippie
Fire Beetle

Bad usename/password

Login name=semihippie
Old 11-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Friieser
Fire Beetle

Default account not working

account name= Friieser