Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 10-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Daeath
Sarnak

What is PEQ's offical stance on implementing some quests into its server? Something we'll see by Thanksgiving? Its such a fine server (other than I get dropped every hour or so), really only marred by the lack of depth that NPC quests give. Other than that, an outstanding server - to say the least!

And yea - those newbie armor quests pissed off alot of the 0|_])'$|<oo|_ players who'd been there since day 1 when we had to sweat just to get to level 15, walking from freeport to qeynos both ways barefoot un-sow'd in the snow, paying a week's wage for bindings and ports, 99+ people to take down Nagafen...

Ahh, the good old days!
Old 10-22-2004, 03:25 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

PEQ will not get quests until people write them.

Simple. We'd like a team to gather and work alongside us, but right now we just arent having activity on that front.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Xothin
Sarnak

Sotonin, I'm your man. ^.^

A friend of mine and I are starting to work on scripts for NPCs.

I've already started adding all the gods attacks to them..(found out just how nasty Tallon Zek is in PoTactics after I added his attacks. hehe)

He has intimate knowledge of what it takes to get the high end raid encounters to spawn and the events that go along with them.

I just need some details on how to code up some of the NPCs in the database.(IE for airplane, the mobs should not respawn for 24 hours etc.. and they should be dropping parts to get to the next plane each time.) I can add the scripts, if the functions are there to spawn NPCs when a certain number of conditions are met, IE in the airplane section again, there is an NPC that spawns when all the fairies are killed. I could easily do this with a counter variable, incrementing it each time one of them is killed all the way up to the number of them that are spawned, but was wondering if there was some other, function related method, so I wouldn't have to go and retrieve all the mob IDs and create my function that way.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:55 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

We're only doing classic-kunark-velious atm. we need a bunch of bulk quests added for all these expansions. Not to concerned about high lvl pop encounters. not for a long time. we need everyday noob and mid lvl quests first.

as far as your other question, i don't know hardly anything about quests, so i can't answer it. hence why i'm not writing the quests myself.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Sarvius
Fire Beetle

My roommate and I have been playing for 5 and 6 years, respectively. We've been raiding high-end for about as long, so if you need knowledge or testing of encounters (especially once you get to Velious - between the two of us, we know every side of every encounter in that expansion. Him as a cleric and I as a bard) just let us know, we'd be more than willing to help, especially if it got us to raid! Hell, it's what we lived for for quite some time.

Pontcho
Old 11-08-2004, 02:56 AM
govtcheeze
Hill Giant

Any update on the 1k+ pack of quests?

Developer of the original (circa 2004):
Loots v2.0, bitch!
Faction v1.0, bitch!
Magelo-like clone v0.3, bitch!
Zone geometry and spawn/path viewer, bitch!
Old 11-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

sotonin:
If you don't already have them, making most of the hackersquest collected quests work isn't too hard. Granted from there it would still take quite a bit of work to finish them out to the quality level of the rest of your release. The quests in perl format have been floating around for some time, along with an app to renumber them for the NPC numbers in a new database.

Also didn't someone make an app to grab quests from some EQ site? Or was that tradeskill recipies? Still it might be possible to do.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:05 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

The quest pack floating around, sucks.

And as i've said before. I don't do quests. Kroeg is leading up the quest department. I wash my hands in it!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:51 PM
mwmdragon
Discordant

Default Any more info on the PEQ quest pack ?

Any more info on the PEQ quest pack ?

NeverQuest
http://neverquest.gotdns.com
Emucade
http://dragonsden.emuunlim.com
Old 01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=121

havent gotten around to posting an announcement around here yet.