Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Quests

Archive::Quests Archive area for Quests's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-06-2004, 01:04 PM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

I actually changed it to scribe instead of spells thinking the same thing. However handing them the item don't scribe the spells still. Going to try changeing there name to something else and see what it does.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbox114
I actually changed it to scribe instead of spells thinking the same thing. However handing them the item don't scribe the spells still. Going to try changeing there name to something else and see what it does.
Heh

Quote:
However handing them the item don't scribe the spells still.
However, handing them the item doesn't scribe the spells still. Im not too great at sentence control so I dont critique others for it but spelling....ugh that just bugs me.

Quote:
changeing there
You mean changing their. Let me guess? Are you 10-13? (Not as an insult, just curious).

Anyway, I plan to use scribespells(); soon here in one of my quests so ill report back to this thread on the effectiveness via 5.7-DR6 stock source.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:35 PM
killspree
Dragon

Guys, this forum isn't for critiqing whatever elementary school teachings there are in various countries - it's for quest creation. Lets keep it to that, thanks!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

ya typos happen. sorry i started it. but i just critiqued his Code. There's nothing i hate worse than being on a server and seeing blatantly mispelled words in the quests.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:48 PM
cofruben
Old-EQEmu Developer

Try changing the scribespells function(parser.cpp) with the contents of #scribespells command.You will need to enter an integer as argument to tell the level.I hope I have not so much english faults lol.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:34 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

I tried changing the quest around, and I even made a whole new npc (A_Teacher_of_Magic) and still get the same thing. I tried it with the 65 in there, and I tried it without anything in it, here is what I have right now:

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text=~ /Hail/i){quest::say("Hello $name, are you interested in having your spells [scribed]?");}
if ($text=~ /scribed/i){quest::say("You have come to the right person, however I need you to do me a small favor. I do not like those thieves that have been hanging around the sewers. You do know where I am talking about right? It is the ones to the left of the gates of Freeport which lead you to North Freeport. Anyways bring me one of their daggers and I will teach you all the spells that a $class can use.");}
if ($text=~ /just do it/i){quest::say("You don't have to get nasty $name, fine here is your blasted spells!"); quest::scribespells();}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if ($itemcount{1451} == 1){quest::say("Thank you for your assistance $name. As promised here is your spells.");
quest::scribespells(65);
quest::exp(25);}
}

When I say "Just do it" I don't even get the text. When I hand item 1451 in, I don't get no text and I don't get the exp either. Basically the only reason I have the exp in there is just to see if any of it works. Pretty much all it does right now is responds to hail and scribed. You know, now that I think of it I don't think there is any servers that has a working spells scriber? Is this possibly a command that simply don't work as part of a quest atm? Might just end up doing like scorp2k does and just have gm's do it.

On the brighter side got some of my quests working that I couldn't get to work before. Penfrost's Quest can now be completed.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:04 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Code:
# perlQuest
#Quest by Cisyouc of Prexus II
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i){quest::say("Greetings, $name. If you would run me a small task, I can teach you the [magics] of a $class.");}
if($text=~/magic/i){quest::say("You shall learn the Magics when I am comfortable, here. Bring me the dagger of thieves of North Freeport, and I should be ready.");}
if($text=~/just do it/i){quest::say("Now, now. No need to get testy. Here you are.");quest::scribespells();}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($item1 == 1451){quest::say("Ahh, another fiend slain by the Heroes of Freeport. Thank you my friend, you are welcome here in Freeport.");quest::scribespells();}
}
Do NOT change this quest without trying it first (unless I made a syntax error I didn't catch) because the issue might be a buffer overrun on the server. Just a thought.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:26 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

I copied it and put it in there. Does nothing when I say Just do it and does nothign when handed item 1451.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:01 AM
chanceibmny
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the ideas guys I just started working w/ jimbox114 and I've done a few quests of my own so hopefully between the 2 of us, we can get this working (&lt;3 quests in every aspect) And dont worry, I'll teach him to spell yet :P

Boggles/Tovya
Old 08-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Do you have any zone.exe errors jimbox?
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:13 PM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Do you have any zone.exe errors jimbox?
When people do the quest there is a unknown opcode that shows up under the Zone window.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Darkwaters
Hill Giant

Out of curiousity whats the unknown opcode, someone is going to ask anyhow =)
Darkwaters