Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-14-2003, 07:35 AM
Milli286
Fire Beetle

Yes, and I summoned it again last night and did not see a level restriction. I thought it might be because the effect is an AA skill that I do not have.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:47 AM
mattmeck

a lot of items have a hidden level restriction, it dosnt say there is one but there is.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:38 PM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

i'm not sure if everyone else is getitng this bug , it's happened on alot of servers , this new targeting graphic sometimes makes the whole client lockup , and the SOE crash window pops up askin if you want to send it to sony etc

also on alot of servers the spell animations are all funky , on one of green servers ( can't remember the name , blade somthing ) my bard was doing star jumps when singing a song , on another server my dwarf warrior would go into swim mode and whizz around all over the place.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:38 PM
Rebocide
Fire Beetle

Default Milli

Did you try adding charges to the cloak? i've noticed that problem with clicky spell gear for a long time back in 4.4?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:05 PM
UrineTrouble
Fire Beetle

Default Perma Stun?

This happens to me all the time on Brightblade. Im leveling up my character fighting orcs in Oasis, and one stuns me.

No big deal, hell... Stunning's a part of EQ life.

Problem is... it never ever fades. I can't move, i can't cast, i can't zone, etc etc etc. All i can do is /q...

Also tried it on Stormweavers, and cast stonespiderstun on myself.

Stonespiderstun is a stun spell that lasts for 20 seconds, with a little DD component.

Again, i become permastunned.

No one else on the server(s) appears to be having this problem... im curious to know if it's client side, or a server-related issue?

Thanks =)
Old 11-15-2003, 08:09 PM
SchizoPhren
Fire Beetle

Default Re:Bugs

This is probably on the small scale of things but here goes anyway.

Enrollment notes and tattered notes don't open to give instructions for joining a guild (I'm a eq newb don't know how to do it) however some notes do open up when I have summoned them. I'm not sure whether its because of the items DB or whether its a sourve code problem.

Second bug is that when I have the inventory open and I attempt to cast a spell in battle, I get the problem from earlier versions of 5; an infinite spell recovery time only curable by logging off.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:36 PM
sn_fr
Fire Beetle

Minor bug. (database surely)
I have the same thing, whatever eqemu server i join.
(had that in 0.50 DRx too).

When i create a new sharvahl character and enter for the first time the world (so i'm starting at shar vahl) i start far in the air and fall down, and kill myself, then i'm redirected to my "home point" that is on safe ground.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:18 AM
agentlogun
Fire Beetle

that stun you were on about is annoying but he can solved , just make sure you have a dmg shield on you when fighting orc priests when your stunned you can still sit and if you have regen of some kind you should be ok, everytime he hits you sit down , this causes the priest to hit you easier meaning he takes more dmg from dmg shield once he dies the stun is removed.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Rigamortus
Fire Beetle

Default bugs

i'm having issues with the newest realease, the servers with 0.5.0 listed (without the DR5 attached). Whenever I log on to one (doesn't seem to matter which) I can get maybe 3 or 4 commands through before I get no more response from the server, but I never go LD.

For example if I do "#itemsearch Yttrium" or something, the first time i get immediate response, second time.. a few seconds delay.. third time maybe under a minute, after that it just takes forever. I can't issue any commands that have to go through the server (like # or / commands) after that.

Anyway, I had no problems like this at all on the DR5 servers and now that my favorite server (Fish) moved to 0.5.0 I can't play anymore =(

Any help would be appreciated. My connection sucks and I do get normal disconnects a fair amount, but this seems like a different issue to me.

Lemme know if you need any more info.

Rigamortus
Old 11-16-2003, 05:33 PM
daxin
Sarnak

whenever i log onto eqemu then go into a server at the char select screen my mouse is frozen in the upper left corner and i cant do anything to get it or my computer exit out of eqemu. the only way is to turn off my comp because its so frozen.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:52 PM
kai_shadowbane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxin
whenever i log onto eqemu then go into a server at the char select screen my mouse is frozen in the upper left corner and i cant do anything to get it or my computer exit out of eqemu. the only way is to turn off my comp because its so frozen.
That is a client error, not specific to eqemu.
(hope you have WinXP)
Try to:

Alt-Enter
Then Ctrl-Alt-Delete
then use that screen to minimize eq
then close that window
and then click eq in the taskbar
the mouse should now be unfrozen, and then you can alt-enter back to full screen again

That's how I normally do it
Old 11-17-2003, 05:11 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
This is probably on the small scale of things but here goes anyway.

Enrollment notes and tattered notes don't open to give instructions for joining a guild (I'm a eq newb don't know how to do it) however some notes do open up when I have summoned them. I'm not sure whether its because of the items DB or whether its a sourve code problem.
Thats a db problem. One of following three things:

1. The server admin isnt using the most up-to-date item/book tables available on sourceforge.

2. The admin isnt using the books table at all.

3. The books text hasnt been collected with the packetcollector yet. If you would like to collect it and know where it is on live, just view the readme for the packetcollector and view the text while its running.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:05 AM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

It's alowing anyone to use the /lastname command, allowing players to change GM's last names to nasty things.... you didn't hear this from me :-\
Old 11-17-2003, 11:58 AM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

1) I have also noticed that I cannot use the who command in consol as metioned earlier

2) Every 10-15 mins, depending on how many people are connected to my server (10-15 as of late), about half of the server goes LD at the same time... here's the errors in world.exe:

any ideas appriceated, thanks
Old 11-17-2003, 12:24 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

you're missing the aa_timers table in your DB.