Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's

Archive::Tutorials/Howto's Archive area for Tutorials/Howto's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-13-2004, 01:09 PM
jedivarkad
Fire Beetle

Default Compiled Version?

Bah I'm sure this has been asked before but I'll ask again. Does anyone have any intetions of making a compiled version? (Horrible at C++ an something always seems to reset itself) Thanks
Old 05-18-2004, 01:24 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

If you would only read.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Shadeleaf
Fire Beetle

ok so I dont end up posting the "i cant get this to work" posts after I attempt this will the minilogin setup work with the may 12th patched files?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Baka no Kami
Fire Beetle

I've got a question. I had some other difficulties, but those problems were fixed so their not important. Right now I'm using the .56 server and the precompiled data base. In addition I just bought the game so it's been fully patched. I then replaced some of the files (eqgame.exe and appropriate dlls) with versions from just before the new login patch. (don't ask how I got them there are rules)

I don't get any errors when starting up the servers. I can login and create a character, but it craps out when trying to start the game, specifically the starting zone. The aone server window isn't saying it getting an error just that the client suddenly went linkdead.

I can post the server dump later if needed, but right now I've been awake for a very long time.

Has anyone else had login problems like this?
Old 05-30-2004, 09:56 AM
LazerBoy2030
Sarnak

Default ...

Well atleast you can get that far... Im waiting for BlueJam to get back because i still cant get my files to work properly.

I do everything that this guide says. I even tried the Big Lan Book but i dont have a router so that doesnt help much... And half the stuff in th BLB contridicts the stuff in this Tutorial. Like the IP addresses and junk
Old 06-02-2004, 10:33 PM
JeremySun
Fire Beetle

Default will this guide work

Will this guide work with the new patch on the 27th?
Old 06-03-2004, 03:26 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

no.
Old 06-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Maldian
Sarnak

Default Question

My server is up and running but when I load Everquest, it locks up. Any ideas?
Old 06-11-2004, 02:18 PM
LazerBoy2030
Sarnak

Default Did ya....

Did you ever get around to the thing i asked you about BlueJam or not? Cause my Live subscription just expired and i dont really feel like dishing out 40 bucks for another game card. And with my internet connection, the EMU servers and dial up dont mix well haha
Old 06-12-2004, 02:23 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

I'll have time to check it soon.. but there's something I have to ask first. What do you want to do with your EQEmu server? Is it supposed to be an internet or a local server or are you just looking forward to fooling around in EQ a bit, for which this tut was originally made for.

edit: oh, and is your EQ still compatible with EQEmu 0.5.6? I'm just asking because I won't update this howto until the next public release, so if I set up the DB and other stuff for you, it will only work with 0.5.6.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:32 PM
LazerBoy2030
Sarnak

Default Ok...

Umm, actually no its not 5.6 compatable. Because i just reformatted my HD and everything is deleted. And i ran out of CD's to put my EQ files on. Thus i had to patch a tad bit. So everything is updated. Anyway, take your time for the 5.7. Its not really a rush but it would be appriciated...

As for what i would be doing? I'd just like to play offline. (local server i guess?) Just fooling around is mostly what i like to do. Cause like i said before my account was cancelled and i never got up to level 65. So i havent seen any planes levels above PoJ, and those (level 55 druid)

So it would be cool just checking out
level 65 magic user spells.
Level 55+ zones.
Creating items would be fun
Plus some other stuff...
Old 06-13-2004, 12:44 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

well, yeah. then you've picked the correct howto.
it just depends on the developers how soon I can help you out. (I'm not blaming)
Old 06-19-2004, 10:01 PM
sum999
Fire Beetle

where do i logon. i got everything setup correct.

i got the world.exe and 5 zone running.[/list]
Old 06-20-2004, 10:06 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

Quote:
That's it. Your server's running right now. Make a shortcut to eqgame.exe and add "patchme" without the quotes to the 'Target' line. Run it. Log in using the info user: eqemu pw: eqemu. You should see your server "my minilogin test server". Hit Start, create a character and join your world. Type "#help" in the chat line for all ServerOP commands.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:10 PM
sum999
Fire Beetle

i have logged in with the account i've applyed but i could not see my server running, help plz???