Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 07-06-2010, 11:11 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Noticed something in regards to items with Health regen or Mana regen.
With seeds client while in combat you get reduced regen until you are out of combat. With titanium client you have full regen in or out of combat.

Basically with titanium client and a item with +100 health regen I could fight something that hits for 70s and stay full health for most of the fight.

With seeds client that +100 health regen in combat is reduced. Not sure much it is effected but I did notice a big difference between the two clients while testing.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Derision
Developer

I noticed that Steam has updated my copy of SoD today (the copy in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\everquest directory, obviously not the copy I had made elsewhere).

It appears to have updated the client to:
Code:
[Thu Jul 08 20:38:13 2010]00000:Starting EverQuest (Built Jun  8 2010 16:44:32)
which is the current Live client, and is presumably what anyone purchasing SoD from Steam from this point forward will get. Has anyone else noticed the same thing ?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:00 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

I haven't noticed anything of it, of course I don't log on steam at all since I purchased the copy earlier this year on my computer. I'm currently downloading the copy of it on my laptop so I'm waiting for it to be complete. Where do you find the updated information?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinreg View Post
I haven't noticed anything of it, of course I don't log on steam at all since I purchased the copy earlier this year on my computer. I'm currently downloading the copy of it on my laptop so I'm waiting for it to be complete. Where do you find the updated information?
When it's finished downloading, start a command prompt and:

Code:
C:\>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\everquest

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\everquest>eqgame patchme
As soon as the EULA screen appears, select DECLINE, and then:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\everquest>notepad logs\dbg.txt
Will open up notepad with the client version build date on the first line.

Last edited by Derision; 07-08-2010 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 05:25 PM
robinreg
Sarnak

ah yeah I see it. it's using the June 8th built as stated.

[Thu Jul 08 14:26:23 2010]00000:Starting EverQuest (Built Jun 8 2010 16:44:32)

the one on my computer is still using the dec 19 2008 built. as long as I don't log on steam I assumed it won't change it.

That does not look good. =/
Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
trevius
Developer

My guess is that SOE is maybe having them update to remove our SoD client. As long as they don't update with every patch, we can probably just get that client all worked out and use it instead. If they do keep patching it to match Live, it would mean a way to patch to Live without needing an active Live account though. At least we got the Live client working for the most part, though there are plenty of things that need to be fixed for it still.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:57 PM
KLS
Administrator

Ah well we're fairly good at keeping up with live esp with the packet collector working as well as it does. Just more work for us to keep supporting versions as they update them but no big deal.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

doesnt seem to have broken anything. i went ahead and patched it up on steam and made another copy of it. and started it up and went on peq server and worked fine, even went and got a brand newly updated recent ui and worked perfect with no errors. am able to play on the server and use new ui just fine. so maybe its a good thing.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:58 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Has any work been done to the client recently?
One thing I recently noticed was using /hidecorpse looted, while looting a corpse right after it died before it could poof (since it had no loot) would lock my character into the ducking [I am currently looting a mob] animation and I would have to /q to get out of it.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
One thing I recently noticed was using /hidecorpse looted, while looting a corpse right after it died before it could poof (since it had no loot) would lock my character into the ducking [I am currently looting a mob] animation and I would have to /q to get out of it.
I wrote the SoD /hidecorpse code and I didn't implement the /hidecorpse looted aspect of it. All the other options should work, just don't use /hidecorpse looted
Old 09-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Derision
Developer

Actually, if I remember, I will get a packet collect from Live tomorrow of the situation you describe and see if I can prevent you getting bugged.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Derision
Developer

It appears /hidecorpse looted is handled client-side, however I was unable to reproduce the problem in my testing.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:04 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I use /hidecorpse looted all the time and haven't had any issues.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
What server did this happen on? This bug isn't an issue with hidden corpses, it was an issue with empty corpses on servers that use the rule to poof empty corpses. They would be in the process of poofing when a player with high latency was looting them, and the server wouldn't send the end loot packet because it thought the corpse was already gone. Titanium handles the end loot response differently, so this problem wasn't happening on that client. I am pretty sure that I resolved this issue for SoD a while back by changing the handling to respond with the packet that SoD wants when an end loot packet is sent. Maybe the server you are playing on hasn't updated in quite a while. Like if you are playing on THF, I don't know if they are current enough to have that particular fix. Since I added it, I haven't heard any more reports about this issue on my server at least. If the problem does still exist in the current revisions, we will probably need to take another look at it, but as far as I know, it is now resolved.

Here is the revision that I put in the fix for this:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem.../detail?r=1546

Quote:
SoD - Possible fix for empty corpse looting bugging clients.

Last edited by trevius; 09-13-2010 at 03:48 PM..
Old 01-01-2011, 07:58 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

Just installed SoD a couple of days ago and I see an issue where my Iksar beastlord bot is healing their pet instead of me even when pet is 100% health. This happens when I am below 80% so I think it is trying to heal me but casting the wrong healing spell (Sharik's Replenishing).