Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:20 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Default Setting starting zone?

No matter what I set the starting zone to in start_zones, players start in crescent reach. Why is this?!? Theres a global setting but I dont know where it is. Or is there something else overriding this?
Old 10-31-2017, 12:03 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Make sure you have it set in all rule sets, if they don't exist create them.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:40 AM
Movement
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrayas View Post
Make sure you have it set in all rule sets, if they don't exist create them.
I am able to begin in the zone I want now, however it says "Illegal Bind!" and promptly boots me to Ocean of tears as soon as I enter the zone I have set as my start zone.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:16 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Did you set canbind=2 in the zone table for your new starting zone?
Can you #peqzone into your zone with a GM toon?
Old 10-31-2017, 03:49 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalix View Post
Did you set canbind=2 in the zone table for your new starting zone?
Can you #peqzone into your zone with a GM toon?
re: canbind =2, i didnt set that. I thought it was either 1 or 0 (aka true/false). I will try that.

I can zone into it fine (i think). It was late last night and my eyes kept closing so that part is fuzzy. I will try to zone in without changing canbind to 2 and then will make the canbind change and report back here.

Thank you for your reply!
Old 10-31-2017, 03:59 PM
Movement
Sarnak

I can zone to my zone with #zone (I am a GM) with no issues. I am going to try changing "canbind=2" now and report back.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Just looked... Canbind was already set at (2). damn...

Edit: I had already tried Canbind =1 to no avail. (Default of this zone is '0')

any other suggestions i can try?

Can anyone tell me what the "Illegal Bind!" (dark grey text) error message means, right before an impromptu boot to OOT? :(

Edit: Edit: I can camp in the zone and log out and log back in with no issues. (with an already existing character after #zoning in).

Edit: Edit: Edit: nope.. still not working. Creating a new character results on getting kicked out of zone on first zone in to OOT. Bah!

E4: Ok I think I found something. I made a new character, and as suspecting when logging in for the first time he was booted to OOT. I then #zoned him to an adjacent zone (a connecting one) and zoned in traditionally. As soon as he entered he was booted with the "Illegal Bind!" message. So i think it has something to do with HOW he's entering the zone. #zone forces an ALLOW argument to enter any zone regardless of flagging or level it seems. I suspect my issue is with the zone I am using.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:29 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Fuck it... I give up. Ive spent 3 fucking days on this. I am not spending another minute on this if someone cant help me.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'll be honest...

I can't find the string "Illegal Bind" anywhere I look...

I've checked the current source, SoF and RoF2 clients and their respective files, and my 2015 version of MQ2.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-01-2017, 02:39 AM
Yard Dogg
Sarnak

In the TWO tables that need editing to change start zones,
(for each race/class/deity), some things have to match up :

In character_create_combinations table:

The start_zone column - The value here has to match up in
two of the columns in the start_zones table (for example,
using zone 202)

In start_zones table :

The following 8 columns need to be edited-
x, y, z, zone_id, start_zone, bind_x, bind_y, bind_z

The zone_id column AND start_zone column have to be the
zone you are using (for example, 202)

It's a good idea for the x, y and z columns to match the
bind_x, bind_y and bind_z tables

In rule_values table :

World:StartZoneSameAsBindOnCreation true
Old 11-01-2017, 02:08 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I'll be honest...

I can't find the string "Illegal Bind" anywhere I look...

I've checked the current source, SoF and RoF2 clients and their respective files, and my 2015 version of MQ2.
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry for going off. I was getting stressed out and I am a sore loser. I shut down my server but in about a week I will start it back up and take a screenshot of the error so youll see what I am talking about. I got so upset last night I had a headache lol and that doesnt happen very often.

I have went over my database with a fine-toothed comb and made sure entries were right but this issue still happens. I DID find something out last night before I gave up though. Not sure if it will help but here it is:

I create a character.
I log in (for the first time on that character).
I zone into my starting zone.
I get booted to OOT (with the "Illegal Bind!) error message.
I swim or teleport to a mob somewhere on land in OOT.
I use the command #Bind to stop getting kicked to the ocean.
I then #zone back into the starting zone where I am supposed to be.
I zone in fine with no issues. No "Illegal Bind!" error message.. nothing.

NOW... if I do the exact same thing as above without using #bind:
Say for instance, I create a character. Log in for the first time. Get booted to OOT, promptly use the #zone command to zone BACK INTO the zone I was just booted out of, I get re-kicked back to OOT.

So I found out the thing that changes the issue above is setting a bind point for the character.

So the game, for some stupid reason doesnt like the "bind point" thats set for the character when they log in for the first time.

I went over this extensively in start_zones table where the bind_x, bind_y, bind_z columns are. I had them set to coords.. no dice. I then set them all to zero, no dice.

In zone_ID and in start_zone they both match my zone_ID I have set in character_create_combinations table.

I even messed around with bind_id in start_zone. It was default to 0 and changed to 1.. no dice.

No matter what I do, nothing I do (aside from setting a bind point for each character AFTER they are booted to OOT) gets rid of this error.

For some reason the server doesnt like whatever value (for their initial bind point) the character has when they zone in for the first time.

Like I said, I am at a total loss.

Steps I have taken, as I have taken many I am not sure if this is a comprehensive list:

I made sure to note the zone_id of the zone.
I made sure the zone has no min level to enter, no flags required, no min status (except 80, like all the other zones), or anything special to enter.
I made sure the zone_id matched the start_zone column and zone_id column in the start_zones table.
I made sure the zone_id in the tables mentioned above matched the start_zone column in the character_create_combinations table.
I made sure the landing spot in the start zone coords were good.
I made sure that the canbind column in the zone table for the zone in question was set to 1 or 2 (same result in all instances).
I am using a mage with my testing, have used a necro as well - same result every time.
I have searched extensively with google as look through pages and pages of posts on this forum, to no avail.
I have worked on this for 3+ days before giving up (to save my sanity).

Not sure what else I can do, other than using a different start zone or dropping the database completely and starting over from scratch. :(
Old 11-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Dogg View Post
In the TWO tables that need editing to change start zones,
(for each race/class/deity), some things have to match up :

In character_create_combinations table:

The start_zone column - The value here has to match up in
two of the columns in the start_zones table (for example,
using zone 202).....CHECK!

In start_zones table :

The following 8 columns need to be edited-
x, y, z, zone_id, start_zone, bind_x, bind_y, bind_z.....CHECK (for all)... this is how I started out initially.

The zone_id column AND start_zone column have to be the
zone you are using (for example, 202)....CHECK

It's a good idea for the x, y and z columns to match the
bind_x, bind_y and bind_z tables....CHECK

In rule_values table :

World:StartZoneSameAsBindOnCreation true.......CHECK

For all above, check. I made sure all of those above were correct before even making this post lol But thank you for your response!

Edit: I wonder... do you have to put WHOLE numbers where it says: "bind_x....y...z"? ie can you put 30.22 or does it have to be just "30"? Maybe thats the issue, can the server not truncate a decimal value in those fields? Could it really be that simple?

Answer: NOPE! Still didnt work! :(
Old 11-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Uleat
Developer

Still not getting where that 'Illegal Bind!' message is coming from.

Can you post your client version and any third-party software you're using?

You're not mixing up the `id` and `zoneidnumber` fields in the `zone` table, are you?

'OOT' is an odd default zone to go to.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Still not getting where that 'Illegal Bind!' message is coming from.

Can you post your client version and any third-party software you're using?

You're not mixing up the `id` and `zoneidnumber` fields in the `zone` table, are you?

'OOT' is an odd default zone to go to.
I'll take some screenshots and show you what I have, then you can see for yourself.

Give me a few.

https://imgur.com/p6oHPtI

This is an image of my "zone" table. The zone in question is zoneidnumber 158... aka Vex Thal.

I am not using any 3rd party software.

The client I am using is Rof2

An image of the error I am receiving is below: Essentially im logging into the game for the first time on a fresh new character and I see this screen on logging in as im being booted to OOT

https://imgur.com/4IIrJ80

My start_zones table:

https://imgur.com/Bw9u6KG

My character_create_combinations table:

https://imgur.com/e3KfpNB

Anything else you need let me know.

Little bit of backstory here. On the RaidAddicts server (Admin: KingMortenson) their start zone was Vex Thal. I thought it was an excellent starting zone for a private server. So I decided to also implement this. But for some Godforsaken reason I cant use it as a start zone. Furthermore, after I am "booted" upon first logging in, and end up in OOT. I can zone to ANY zone using the #zone command EXCEPT Vex Thal. Thats the only zone that gives me the "IllegalBind!" error. UNTIL I bind myself somewhere. As soon as I do that, I can #zone into Vex Thal with no issues. My question is WHY. WHY Vex Thal? WHY is that the only zone that is giving me trouble?

I thought it was a script issue so I looked at the perl scripts for Vex Thal, nothing. Looked at the globals folder to see if there was anything there - nothing.

The only thing I know to do short of giving up entirely is to log on to Raid Addicts and ask Mort how he did it.

Last edited by Movement; 11-01-2017 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: adding images
Old 11-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Uleat
Developer

..\quests\vexthal\player.lua
Code:
function event_enter_zone(e)
  if ( e.self:GetBindZoneID() == 158 ) then    
    e.self:Message(1, "Illegal Bind!")
    e.self:MovePC(69,840,70,0,0)
  end
end
First int in the parameters is '69' - the zone id number for 'Ocean of Tears.'

EDIT: This is in installation data - the one place I hadn't looked yet... (There are two other zones like this: templeveeshan[124] and txevu[297])

Compilin' Dirty